Itching during exercise

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Itching during exercise

Whenever I work out or I feel I am getting warm or hot, I begin to itch incessantly all over my chest, back, and stomach.  It began a few years back, but it is progressively getting worse.  Just today, I hadn't started to exercise for 30 seconds and I began itching all over.   Again, it only happens when I exercise, or to that effect.  It' beginning to become extremely uncomfortable.  Any suggestions or causes?
I had the same thing years ago, it was related to acantholytic dermatosis. The itching was crazy. I just made a post about it and if its the problem then I hope it helps.
Cholinergic urticaria is the condition.Gradual warming up helps.

The symptoms that you are having can be due to exercise induced urticaria. Most symptoms can be controlled by taking antihistaminics like benadryl or Claritin or zyrtec. Slow down or stop your exercise as soon as symptoms start. You should always exercise with a partner who knows about your condition.

In some people, eating certain foods before exercise may make allergic symptoms more likely to occur. Keep track of what you eat before exercising for a few weeks. If you notice a pattern to your symptoms that seems related to a certain food, stop eating it for a while and see if the hives stop.Also, do not exercise for 4 to 6 hours after you eat.

You should stop exercising as soon as you notice the hives. If the hives don't go away in 5 to 10 minutes, or if you have other symptoms, call your doctor right away. It can be Exercise-induced anaphylaxis.

Also wear medical alert jewelry or ID tags describing the condition and sensitive substances and always carry a self-injectable epinephrine kit (Epi pen).

I hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts.Kind regards.

Thanks,
I looked up more on Urticaria.  My symptoms seem to be somewhat on par with what is stated.  However, I have never seen any visuals of hives or sorts.  Other than redness from where I have scratched.  

Anyways, thank you for the suggestions and I will do as such and get back.  

Thanks.
I have the same exact thing. My dermatologist told me to take Benydryl before I run as it works on contact.. but it makes me tired which doesnt help when I need the energy to work out. Have you been suggested anything else that works?

I am also going to take the drs advice above regarding not eating 4 to 6 hours before I exercise and see if that changes anything.
Have a Dermatology question?
100,000+ doctor answers