Itching in pennis

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Itching in pennis

I have itching in my pennis foreskin & also inside on the sensitive part. I had a contact with a lady in the past & this happened after that. I have got myself HIV tested & the result is negative. The itching is residing from last 1.5 yrs & it's not going completely. With medication & use of cream, it goes partially & then comes back again. Pls suggest
Tags: Itching
One possibility for such symptoms is balanoposthitis. Balanoposthitis is the inflammation of the foreskin and glans (glands) and can be caused by bacterial or fungal origins or by contact dermatitis. Oral course of antibiotics is needed. In addition, please don’t use any cosmetics on the penis, instead use some topical antimicrobials like Bacitracin or Lotrimin. Also corticosteroids and topical immunosuppressants can be used but they are available under prescription. Also retract the foreskin daily and soak in warm water to clean penis and foreskin. In case the symptoms persist then please consult a urologist/dermatologist for evaluation and antimicrobials and steroids prescription. Then other possibilities like eczema, dermatitis or STD’s have to be ruled out.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Is this a sign of early stage of diabetics?