Itching inbetween vagina and legs

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Itching inbetween vagina and legs

I am 21 years of age, and for the past 2 months i have little buttons appearing inbetween my legs and vagina, it is very itchy. Dark, circular, scaly patches remain. i am very concerned. what is the problem?
The symptoms are suggestive of ringworm or fungal infection of the groin. Wash your groin daily and then dry thoroughly by pat drying, not rubbing. A hairdryer is useful if you have hairy groins.The damp groin is an ideal site for fungi to multiply. Also wear cotton underwear and change them twice a day. and do not share other people’s towels. Application of local antifungal cream(terbinafine, clotrimazole, econazole, ketoconazole, miconazole) and oral antifungal drugs are the mainstay of treatment.

Hope it helps. Take care and regards.