Itching on Scrotum & Thighs between.

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Itching on Scrotum & Thighs between.

Sir: I am having severe itching between scrotum & thighs and the area between anus and scrotum. There is some kind of moisture (discharge) in this area and normally it is after the days work, i.e. in the evening and night. The itching is very severe and upon scratching there starts burning and the skin becomes rough and bleeds.

This is for the last few years. Used so many medicines but with less cure. In the hot weather it is more severe. This situation is since few years back, I had developed Gonohorea. Gonohorea was treated with allopathic medicine.

Recently, I have done my lab tests and following are the results:

WBC 11200
Platelets 174,000
ESR 30

Don't know, if it is related to my skin problem/STD??

Would be waiting for reply very anxiously.
Avatar_dr_f_tn

This may be a case of jock itch or a fungal infection. This is not necessarily sexually transmitted however, sexual contact would increase the likelihood of acquiring the skin condition. You may need skin scrapings from the area microscopically examined. This will help ascertain if a fungal infection is present or not. You would be  needing topical antifungal medications to be applied on the area.

At this point your white blood cell count is elevated. An overlying bacterial infection may be present. You may have a baseline urinalysis done also. Avoid tight underpants as this may only aggravate the problem. Fungi thrive in moist or damp areas of the body such as the armpits and the groin. Keep this area dry and cool as much as possible.

Was a fungal infection ever mentioned during your previous medical consultations?
I haven't done any skin test yet. Can you please advise some test.