Itching on toe w/no rash

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Itching on toe w/no rash

I've had an itchy second toe for about 2 months now. It itches only on the top upper part of my left toe on my right foot, and there is no visible rash or any other signs of anything. I've been using a topical antifungal for 1 month, and now I'm using that plus hydrocortisone each day, but still I have the insane itching! My doctor had no idea what the problem is. Anyone have any idea? Is this an invisible form of athlete's foot that is resistant to antifungals?
How are you doing?
I think it is fungal infection only. You can wait for response to Hydrocortisone and see.
Alternatively you can get your sugars checked and rule out Diabetes.
It can also be due to Contact dermatitis.
You should consult a dermatologist at earliest.
Hope this helps.
Bye.
My husband has been having this exact problem for the past few months. Nothing you can see and only the top of one toe..second one in frm baby toe. It drives him crazy itching and he's been trying everything topical. The doctor and derma doc laughed at him because you can"t see anything. If you found something that helped or if anyone else has info please help...
I'm female. I have the same itchy toe problem on the right side of my little toe on the left foot. I do not have a rash or anything visible. Help! What's causing this? How do I resolve this?