Itching palms and balls of feet

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Itching palms and balls of feet

I have had severe itching on the palms of my hands and the balls of my feet for about 1 week.  My hands have a number of red blotches under the skin (unlike other people on this site who have similar itching) although I can't see any on my feet.  I spoke to a pharmacist who didn't think it was an allergy (neither do I) but wondered if it was something to do with the cold and poor circulation although I've not allowed my extremities to get very cold in this weather.

Hope you can help.

Many thanks

Diane
It is very unlikely for peripheral vascular disease to present with palm itching. from the symptoms it can be contact dermatitis, allergic reaction or dyshidrotic eczema. Wash the areas several times with fresh water. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites. You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin. You can take some OTC oral antihistamine medications like Benadryl or Claritin and see if it helps.

For mild-moderate symptoms a weak steroid may be used, whilst more severe cases require a higher-potency steroid. But they are available under prescription and should be taken only after consulting a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.