Dermatology Expert Forum
Itching rash on neck and face

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Itching rash on neck and face

Recently (past 2 months) I've developed a rash on my neck and face. It started with itching, and turned into raised welts. The marks look like fingerprints, as if someone was trying to choke me. There is also a mark on my chin, and in the crease of my left nostril, and one on my right eyelid.

I'm 35 years old and I've never been allergic to anything.

I believe it may have something to do with excessive sweating I've been experiencing at night, because it seems that, other than the chin, these marks occur along creases in my neck and face.

The marks itch, remain for about 10 days, and then go away. When it comes back the marks are in the exact same place!

Some of the marks look like 3 seperate marks merging into one.

My mom is prone to hives, but I've never had them. I also wondered if it could be like athlete's foot, since I excersize regularly outdoors, and don't always get to change right away.
I am not sure.  They sound like hives, only hives usually come and go, rather than stay for days.  Hives are almost always not allergic.  This certainly does not sound fungal.

I assume you've already thought about new products (cosmetics, moisturizers) you may have used.  These are rarely the culprit, but are worth at least taking an inventory of.

I think you should a doctor this rash.  That's the only way to get a definitive diagnosis and proper treatment.

Take care.

Dr. Rockoff
I am having the same exact problem. the exact problem except i exercise indoors alot. but nothing seems to help it. benadryol, antitch meds, nothing and it itches like crazy.
A related discussion, reocurring blotches and itching on side of neck was started.
A related discussion, rash on neck and face was started.