Dermatology Expert Forum
Itching raw skin, On inside of legs.

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Itching raw skin, On inside of legs.

I am 22 year old, and have been suffering, for approx. a week now from the following problems.
Inside my legs, next to my testicles, in the crease between my leg and testicles, the skin seems Raw, and itch's and burn's.  I have tried my best to keep it dry, using powder, and vaseline, but that has not been working. Other things that I have tried, thinking it was possibly a yeast type of infection was Nystatin- I used it for a short time, and did not seem to help. I have also tried Bactroban, in thought that it was a bacterial infection. It did not help too much either. I am wondering, could it just be a simple " heat rash", from constnt sweating? An allergic reaction from the powder I was using (  Caldescene, I believe has zinc oxide in it). Any type of advice, would be helpfull. I am contemplating trying a short course of Hydrocortisone 1% to see if it has any effect.
Yes, it does sound like a chafing-type of heat rash.  It does not sound like anything more serious.  I advise you to use powder, loose-fitting underwear, and hydrocortisone 1%, just as you plan.  If you're not a lot better in 10-14 days, let a doctor take a look.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff