Itching skin on glans(glands)

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Itching skin on glans(glands)

There is persistent itching of the skin on my glans (glands) for the last 6 months in spite of applying Clobetosol.cream. I am 78 yrs of age. I maintain clean hygienic habits. Can you please help me ?
I cannot confirm without examination but the symptoms that you are having are due to balanitis of the penis. It is an inflammation of the glans (glands) penis. Oral course of antibiotics is needed. In addition, please don’t use any cosmetics on the penis, instead use some topical antimicrobials like Bacitracin or Lotrimin. Also corticosteroids and topical immunosuppressants can be used but they are available under prescription. Also retract the foreskin daily and soak in warm water to clean penis and foreskin. In case the symptoms persist then please consult a urologist/dermatologist for evaluation and antimicrobials and steroids prescription.

I hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted in case you have any additional doubts. Kind regards.