Itching sore on neck
I have a small sore on my neck (a little bigger than the diameter of a pencil) and have had it for the last 1-2 years.  It constantly itches and after scratching, it bleeds, then forms a scab.  Then itching starts again and the cycle repeats itself over and over again on an about 2-3 week cycle.  Over the whole time the sore has never increased in size.  I have not seen a dermatologist about this yet.  It is most agravating, but tolerable to live with.  Any suggestions for a quick home remedy??

This discussion is related to body sores that itch.

This may be an eczematous skin condition. The scab may be due to the intense scratching. It is necessary to rule out contact or allergic dermatitis as well. If you apply perfume, cologne, astringent on the area or if you wear a new necklace or accessories which may be triggering this, then it is necessary to avoid any possible triggers.

Wash the area with a mild cleanser such as Cetaphil. You may apply 0.05% Fluocinonide cream thinly over the area twice a day for 3 days. See if the skin responds. If not, discontinue use and have this assessed by a dermatologist. If there are associated lumps or bumps in other parts of the body and if the wound does not seem to heal, then further evaluation is necessary.