Itching that wont stop.
After more than a year ago of being exposed to chiggers I am still itching. The mites died soon after but rashes started appearing first on my feet and legs and then to other areas, mainly creases in the skin and really dry skin. Some are clear blister looking and some are red very tiny bumps. They itch worse than the chigger bite itself did and nothing seems to stop it or help it. Has anyone every experienced anything like this after being exposed to chiggers?
To reduce the itching, an application of anti-itch cream containing hydrocortisone, calamine, or benzyl benzoate is often used (though calamine has been shown not to be effective).Hydrogen peroxide and capsaicin cream has also been effective.Taking baths with warm water or with Epsom salt is alse effective and if the symptoms persist then I would suggest you to get an evaluation done from a dermatologist and get scabies ruled out.
Hope it helps.Take care and regards.