Itching under the skin
For the past year I have been experiencing the worst itch possible on my let arm and the left palm, it's the most intense itch i've ever experienced and at times i feel like peeling off my skin to actually find the rash under my skin..Is this nerves or stress related and why just the once arm?..I sometimes wonder if this is cancer related? I believe I am either going crazy ..Please help me...
It can be due to brachioradial pruritis. No cure has been found.The only thing that seems to help most sufferers is the application of ice to the area until the itch is diminished. Other treatments include cooling lotions like those containing camphor or menthol,capsacain or local anesthetic creams,amitriptyline and gabapentin tablets and electrical cutaneous nerve field stimulation.

Please discuss this possibility and these options of treatment with your dermatologist

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Its my first time to browse this site and I came across someone who has a similar case like mine. I often feel itch under my skin especially on my back but she givn medicine wanted to know medicine it is.