Itching
I have been experiencing itching over my legs which went on to spread over my thigh. now it is over my flanks as well. itching is increased in the night. it has left scars.I have tried moisturising cream and steroid which doesnt seem to help.
Skin conditions like dermatitis, atopic dermatitis, eczema, lichen simplex chronicus or psoriasis are important to be ruled out.
Wash the areas several times with fresh water and do not use any cosmetic products at the sites. You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin. She can take some OTC oral antihistamine medications like Benadryl or Claritin and see if it helps.

Also use mild steroid cream and good quality moisturizers to prevent moisture loss from the skin.

If still the symptoms do not improve then please get a clinical examination done by a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.