Itchy, Flaky Hand Rash
hi medhelp,
i am 22 years old.  a few days ago i developed an itchy, scaly/flaky rash on the side of my right index finger.  it is oval shaped.  i put some cortisone on it a few hours ago and it has stopped itching for now.  
this is not the first time i have had this problem.  i first noticed a similar rash on both my right middle finger and a small section of my right hand about five years ago.  they eventually went away after applying some creams.  however the rashes would sometimes come back in the same spots.  in fact my middle finger broke out again a few months ago.  it cleared on its own pretty quickly.

i have never had skin problems.  i do have very dry skin.  please help.  thanks a lot!
I cannot confirm anything without examination but it can be granuloma annulare, nummular dermatitis or ringworm. It consists of reddish bumps arranged in a circle or ring which are itchy. Usually it is asymptomatic but due to cosmetic disfigurement topical or oral steroids may be needed. My sincere advice is to get it evaluated from a dermatologist.
Then it has to be differentiated from other possibilities like ringworm and nummular dermatitis also.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.