Itchy, bleeding scalp

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Itchy, bleeding scalp

I have had itchy patches that itch really bad and when I itch them they bleed.  My scalp will be red with blood, but it is a clear liquid that makes my hair stick together at night.  It started about 3 years ago and then went away and came back last year and never cleared up.  When I do itch my head, I have these big clumps of scabs that come off with it.  I have tried T-gel shampoo and nothing is helping.  Can you suggest anything?  I have also put neosporin on them.
It could be psoriasis or seborrhoeic dermatitis.Or fungal infection of the scalp.
Dandruff too causes itching.
You could use anti-dandruff shampoos which are medicated to maintain ph of the scalp skin.
The scaly patches caused by psoriasis, called psoriatic plaques, are areas of inflammation and excessive skin production.
Bath solutions and moisturizers help soothe affected skin and reduce the dryness which accompanies the build-up of skin on psoriatic plaques.
Medicated creams and ointments applied directly to psoriatic plaques can help reduce inflammation, remove built-up scale, reduce skin turn over, and clear affected skin of plaques. Ointment and creams containing coal tar, dithranol (anthralin), corticosteroids like desoximetasone (Topicort), vitamin D3 analogues (for example, calcipotriol), and retinoids are routinely used.
ref:http://www.mothernature.com/Library/Bookshelf/Books/16/185.cfm
my head was bleeding and i was getting these red circles on my head and they where ichy what is this
Hi, I had this condition years ago and it drove me nuts.. Hated scratching my head in public cause I thought people would think I had lice or worse.. One thing that caught my attention in your message is the circles.. That is the symptom of ringworm.. we all carry the ability to get this and it sort of recycles if it's not taken care of.. I went to my regular md and she gave me a script for a cream.. within two or three days it dried up and fell off in pieces.. The more we scratch, the more it spreads and causes other
irritated spots.. It just keeps it going and going.. Shampoos will have no affect to curing ringworm.. check it out online and check in with your doctor.. Good luck........