Itchy, colorless, raised bumps of skin

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Itchy, colorless, raised bumps of skin

I have been itching, usually at night, on the top of my foot near my ankle. At first I can just see tiny bump of my skin raised. They are not bubbles and are not full of any kind of liquid or anything, they are just parts of my skin in a circular shape raised. When I scratch the bumps get bigger and now instead of 3 small circular bumps I would now have 1 large circular bump. I have to force myself to not scratch but it is so hard. Please Help!
Avatar dr f tn

This could be an irritation, infection or dermatitis. Fungal infection usually presents with itching and irritation. Definite diagnosis is with skin scraping of the lesion observed under the microscope. This responds to antifungal medications. Try to avoid scratching to prevent secondary infection. It is important to keep the area clean and dry. Take care and keep us posted.
Avatar dr f tn
Over-the-counter antihistamine or calamine lotion may provide relief but if it persists, have this evaluated further for proper management. Direct clinical examination is important.