Dermatology Community
Itchy, colorless, raised bumps of skin
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Itchy, colorless, raised bumps of skin

I have been itching, usually at night, on the top of my foot near my ankle. At first I can just see tiny bump of my skin raised. They are not bubbles and are not full of any kind of liquid or anything, they are just parts of my skin in a circular shape raised. When I scratch the bumps get bigger and now instead of 3 small circular bumps I would now have 1 large circular bump. I have to force myself to not scratch but it is so hard. Please Help!
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi,

This could be an irritation, infection or dermatitis. Fungal infection usually presents with itching and irritation. Definite diagnosis is with skin scraping of the lesion observed under the microscope. This responds to antifungal medications. Try to avoid scratching to prevent secondary infection. It is important to keep the area clean and dry. Take care and keep us posted.
Blank
Over-the-counter antihistamine or calamine lotion may provide relief but if it persists, have this evaluated further for proper management. Direct clinical examination is important.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...