Itchy, painful bumps

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Itchy, painful bumps

Two days ago, I felt itchiness at the side my right breast and back part.  After a day, the itchy skin developed redness and bumps and became prickly and painful.  They developed in clusters.  I used ointment to treat it but did not get well.  When I perspire, it itch and it is painful.  What is this illness and how should I treat it.  It now look like boils with water inside.
I cannot confirm anything without examination but it sounds like shingles. Shingles is an infection caused by the varicella-zoster virus, which is the virus that causes chickenpox. Shingles occurs in people who have had chickenpox and represents a reactivation of the dormant varicella-zoster virus. The first sign is usually a tingling feeling, itchiness, or stabbing pain on the skin. After a few days, a rash appears as a band or patch of raised dots on the side of the trunk or face. The rash develops into small, fluid-filled blisters which begin to dry out and crust over within several days. When the rash is at its peak, symptoms can range from mild itching to extreme and intense pain.

Treatment of shingles includes antiviral drugs, steroids, analgesics and anti viral eye drops.
I sincerely suggest you to consult a dermatologist and get this possibility evaluated.
Hope it helps. Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or in case you have additional queries. Kind regards.