Itchy, painful rash

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Itchy, painful rash

About a week ago I developed some itchy red spots on my left side just under my breast area.  They itched mildly for about 5 days (nothing as intense as poison ivy) and Itch-X stopped the itching.  Now they appear to be healing but have become painful.  There is one larger spot on the left side of my back that started itching after the rest stopped. I've never had anything like this and am wondering what it might be.  Thank you.

This could be folliculitis, due to tight clothing, acne, eczema or dermatitis.

Nothing can be said with surety without having a look at the lesions. Becasue you say they are painful now, herpes would also need to be ruled out.

You need to wash the areas several times with fresh water. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites.

Apply calamine lotion at the site of the lesions and see if it helps. You could take some oral antihistamine medications like cetrizine or loratadine. You need to maintain a good personal hygiene .

Anti-itch drugs, often antihistamine, may reduce the itch during a flare up of eczema, and the reduced scratching in turn reduces damage and irritation to the skin.

Wear lose comfortable cotton clothes.

Let us know if you need any other information and post us about what your doctor advises.

Regards.
I have this dark marks on the palm of my hand and feed and around my heels. It itches a lot. What can it be?