Itchy, peeling and splitting skin around anus

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

The skin around my anus itches and seems to slough off alot.  The area is pink and shiny and cracks or splits.  The skin crease above the anus below my tail bone is cracked and doesnt seem to heal well.  I also have patches of itchy, flaky skin that comes and goes on my gentials and under my armpits.  Is this all related?  What can I do?

From your symptoms it can be contact dermatitis, sweat dermatitis or fungal infection. Wash your groin daily and then dry thoroughly by pat drying , not rubbing. A hairdryer is useful if you have hairy groins. The damp groin is an ideal site for fungi to multiply. Also wear cotton underwears and change them twice a day and do not share other people’s towels. Application of local antifungal cream(terbinafine, clotrimazole, econazole, ketoconazole, miconazole) and oral antifungal drugs are the mainstay of treatment but they should be taken under prescription.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thank you for your help!  I followed your advice and have been keeping the area clean and dry. I work out twice a day so I paid extra attention to this when showering and dressing at the gym.  I also used some hydrocortisone cream for a few days and that seemed to help as well.  The area has healed and is no longer splitting.  This problem comes and goes alot though which leads me to believe it is a chronic condition.  Could it be psoriasis or contact dermatitis?  
Once again, thank you very much for your advice.

Scott
Is ur infection healed because I have the exact sand thing going on but  I'm a girl and haven't found a cute for this I have been succeeding with this for like 8 months now
I meant cure and suffering lol