Itchy, puffy palms and feet, and inner thighs!
The rash on the palms and feet start with what appear to be small clear pustules under the surface of the skin. The skin then becomes very hot, red, itchy and puffy. The skin gets very thick, then eventually dries and peels away. This is ALWAYS accompnied in the first 2-3 days by a spotty rash across my stomach and chest, and a dark red and hot rash on my inner thighs. In the worst cases, I also get a fever. I've been to a doctor several times, and they just tell me to take Cortizone cream. Somehow, it just doens't seem like exzema to me.....this is always so severe, itchy and hot, and sometimes with fever. Any ideas?

The description of rashes sounds like dyshidrotic eczema. Eczema is a form of chronic dermatitis (rash).Allergic reaction is one of the important causes of eczema.
Wash the areas several times with fresh water. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites. You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin. You can take some OTC oral antihistamine medications like Benadryl or Claritin and see if it helps.For mild-moderate symptoms a weak steroid may be used (e.g. hydrocortisone as dermacort), whilst more severe cases require a higher-potency steroid (e.g. clobetasol propionate, fluocinonide).

These dry rashes can be exacerbated by dryness of the skin. Use good quality moisturizers to prevent moisture loss from the skin.If the symptoms persist then pls get it evaluated from a dermatologist and get a biopsy done.

I hope that helps. Please do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries. Kind regards.
Thank you. I looked up some photos, and that is exactly it. (I also have regular eczema, so I didn't think it was that) Nice to be able to put a name to it! ^_^

The only thing going against me, is that I am a professional pastry chef! So gloves, alcohol-based sanitizers, and chemicals galore are a frequent part of my job. So far, the best luck I've had is keeping it moisturised with Aveeno lotion - which is tough when I wash my hands so often. Are there any types of soaps and lotions that are best for someone like me?

First of all,use cotton gloves under plastic gloves as too much heat and sweat can make your skin more irritated and itchy. Limit your contact with things that can irritate your skin and wash your hands only when necessary and that too with mild cleansers like cetaphil or dove or soap free cleansers. Be sure to dry your hands completely after you wash them.Also use good hypoallergenic moisturizers which are non perfumed and non greasy. Try not to scratch the irritated area on your skin even if it itches. Scratching can break the skin and infection may set in.

In addition to these,you can use a mild steroid cream like dermacort on the itchy rashes.Application of calamine lotion also helps in soothing the skin.

can i use calamine lotion for my thigh parts?? as itching is more there and back part....also my palms..very irritating itchiness..what to do??