Itchy, puss-filled bumps on lips
A few months ago I developed little bumps around the edges of my upper and lower lips. They itched like crazy and would emit this yellowish/clear puss and crust over. I had them for about a week, then started using Abreva (thinking they were herpes). The Abreva sort of helped, but now, a good 6 months later they are back.

Oddly enough, after they "cleared up" the first time, I remember putting my lips to my wrist (as if I was wiping my lips off) and a few days later little bumps appeared on my wrist that itched terribly. Those haven't gone away. I just use an anti-itching cream for those.

But the problem with my lips are starting to bother me. And I'd just like to know it they are indeed herpes.
Thank you.

This discussion is related to Itchy Lips!.

Cold sores or oral herpes are caused by the Human simplex virus-1 that causes ulcerative lesions of the oral mucosa or lips. They typically take the form of tiny, clear, fluid-filled blisters on the face, most commonly the lips. They could become painful blisters that ulcerate and crust over. A cold sore usually clears by itself in seven to twelve days, and rarely leads to medical complications.

The number of blisters varies from one to a whole cluster. Before the blisters erupt, the soon-to-be-infected skin may itch or become very sensitive. The natural course of the blisters is to break spontaneously or as a result of minor trauma, allowing the fluid contents to ooze. Eventually, scabs form and slough, leaving slightly red skin. The cold sore is highly contagious and is easily transmitted in saliva or close sexual or social contact. This could be the reason why another outbreak occurred in your wrist.

Recurrent infections, which tend to be milder than primary infections, may be triggered by a variety of stresses including fever, exposure to the sun, and menstruation. Definite diagnosis is to culture the skin lesion or a blood test that may show antibodies to the virus. Although your symptoms may point to oral herpes, a complete medical history and physical examination is important to reach a diagnosis.

Take care and keep us posted.
i had white bumps on my lips and it was itchy my lip got swollen and the i went to the hospital they gave me this pill called clindamycin and i couldnt eat anything cause if i did i would throw it up and then 1-2 weeks it was gone no more swelling or bumps or puss just me and my normal self i havent had it in over a year so i have to say try clindamycin
i hope it works for you
good luck