Itchy, red patch of skin

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Itchy, red patch of skin

I have an itchy, rash on the center of my chest that looks like it is bleeding on the outer edges.  It has been there for a few weeks and I am starting to become more worried.  Any comments about what this is? I am going to schedule a dermatologist appointment tomorrow morning.  Thank you in advance.
The symptoms are suggestive of pityriasis rosea. Pityriasis rosea is a common human skin disease which presents as numerous patches of pink or red oval rash. The rash may be accompanied by low-grade headache, fever, nausea and fatigue and itching. Topical and oral steroids are needed. Water, sweat, and soap may cause irritation and should be avoided in the disease. Topical zinc oxide and calamine lotion are useful for pruritus.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.