Itchy, shiny rash on fingers
I currently have a very itchy rash on the tip of my pinky finger, right around where the nail is. It started about two or three weeks ago as drying skin, and then very small bumps began to pop up on it. Shortly after that, some of the skin began to peel. The exposed areas are shiny, itch a lot, and seem slightly swollen. I had a rash that started like this on my other pinky finger, but it seems to be mostly healed, without having ever gotten to the peeling, super-itchy stage. The skin is still a little dry, but that
i have a contact dermatitis that shows up on the inside of my left ring finger every so often.  it slightly raised, red, and itchy.  it's often accompanied by fluid filled bubbles.  it is just an allergic reaction to something i've touched.   i've had allergy problems my entire life, so it's pretty easy for me to identify an allergic reaction.

you mentioned that you work with food...i'm assuming you wear gloves while at work.  usually, most places use non-latex vinyl gloves.  i also used to work in a kitchen and even though our gloves were non-latex, they were powdered.  it is possible that you have built up a small allergy to whatever is in the powder.  of, if they are latex, you may be showing symptoms of a small latex allergy.  i would try putting a hydrocortisone cream on it and see if it takes it away.

hope this helps!

LS