Itchy Anus

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Itchy Anus

My anus has been itching for the last 6 days if I whipe to scratch it it makes it itch a lot more intensly it doesn't hurt or bleed just really itches it dies down if I don't mess with it. I had my wife look at it an she sees nothing but a small white tag/bump on outside of anus, what could be going on? I've had hymroids before but it's never just itched like this.
One of the possibilities for your symptoms is external hemorrhoids. Other causes are moisture(due to sweating or frequent washing), friction rub with clothes, the pressure of sitting, chemical irritants like laundry soaps, colognes and scented toilet paper, infections like STD’s and pinworms, anal abrasions and fissures and skin problems such as psoriasis, seborrhea and eczema.

I suggest you to get an evaluation done from a dermatologist as treatment can be planned. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

It could be hemorrhoids but regardless if you have a a consistently itchy rectum it could be what is called Pruritus Ani.  From my experience after suffering for over 4 years, there is only 1 type of ointment that actually works called PRANICURE.  Look it up and try it out cuz it's only $40 for a 3-6 month supply and you can only get it online.  Hope this helps!
Have a Dermatology question?
100,000+ doctor answers