Itchy Armpit
Hello;
   I have noticed a rash on my right armpit that won't go away. I have had it since August, and I don't have the rash on my left armpit. The rash goes away SOMETIMES, which means that it turns a very light pink. But soemtimes it gets VERY itchy and red. PLEASE HELP!

Intertrigo or contact dermatitis can be responsible for your symptoms. Keep the area clean and apply some topical antiseptics. Also wear loose-fitting cotton clothing and use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove. Topical zinc oxide cream like Sudocrem, Desitin are very helpful(apply with a paper towel and not directly with hands).Application of mild steroid cream like dermacort also helps. For the itching please take some over the counter antihistaminic like Benadryl or Claritin. In case the symptoms persist then antifungals may be needed. Please consult a dermatologist in that case.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.