Itchy Bumps on Hands and Feet

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Itchy Bumps on Hands and Feet

About a week ago a really itchy bump showed up on my foot. My left foot is perpetually dry because of a past surgery I had on my back... and ever since then it doesnt sweat. It was so intense I scratched it until it broke and clear liquid came out. I found a blister to be a strange concept on sucha dry foot I traditionally have to lotion frequently. As the days went on tiny bumps and itches perplexed around this scabbed blister on the side of my foot. I began to diligently clean it with peroxide.

At first I contemplating the theory of it being a fungus like athletes foot, especially since Id been using communial matts at yoga... however it didnt seem feesable on sucha dry foot.

A couple days later I noticed small pin needle sized blisters that itched on my palms of my hands and fingers... some single... some in clusters... (this image is not of my finger but it looks just like the itchy blisters on my palms and fingers)... http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y4/Lilangelwings/stuff/IMG_1880.jpg

I am very frustrated bc I am a poor college student and Im not even sure if I have the money to go to a doc, but I cant let this get worse. It's very stressful.

Any help?
P.S. I finally went to a Doc in the Box today because it has gotten worse... HE DIDNT KNOW ANYTHING...  
i found this looking for a cure to my bumps...Scabies is a common skin infection that causes small itchy bumps and blisters due to tiny mites that burrow into the top layer of human skin to lay their eggs.

The burrows sometimes appear as short, wavy, reddish, or darkened lines on the skin's surface, especially around the wrists and between the fingers. A child who has contracted scabies can also develop a bumpy red rash.

Scabies is contagious, and is usually transmitted by skin-to-skin contact or through sexual contact with someone else who is infected with it. The infection spreads more easily in crowded conditions and in situations where there is a lot of close contact — like child-care centers or nursing homes. So if someone in your child's class or child-care group has scabies, it's a good idea to have your child treated for the infection even before he or she develops symptoms.

Signs and Symptoms
The most common symptom of scabies is severe itching, which may be worse at night or after a hot bath. A scabies infection begins as small, itchy bumps, blisters, or pus-filled bumps that break when you scratch them. Itchy skin may become thick, scaly, scabbed, and crisscrossed with scratch marks.
DE causes small fluid-filled blisters to form. The blisters can last up to three to four weeks, and cause intense itching.DE stands for dyshidrotic eczema, not very commonly seen.
Also doctors are also unsure of what causes the disease and how to treat it.
Some of the signs and symptoms can be:
Small bumps begin to form on your hands or the bottom of your feet.
Intense itching that can almost be unbearable.
Cracks and grooves (fissures) form on your hands, feet or toes.
The small bumps form into blisters and can become very painful.
The cause is not known. Treatment too is spotty at best.
Corticosteroid creams and ointments. These must be prescribed by your doctor. They are given to help speed the disappearance and improve the appearance of the blisters. The creams also help the cracks and fissures left when the blisters disappear.
Compresses. Use wet or cold compresses to help with the itching and increase the effectiveness of the topical creams and minimize the bumps and blisters.
Antihistamines. These may be prescribed to help with the intense itching. You can also try the over the counter products like Benadryl.
ref:http://www.****************/tiny_fingers_blister_like_lp586326.html
You could discuss this possibility with your doctor.

http://www.****************/tiny_fingers_blister_like_lp586326.html
*** =****************
Hi there,

I've had similar problems my entire life.  At first I thought that I was allergic to over exposure to water (hot water generally makes it itchy like wildfire!).  Anyway, I just recently had another breakout, mainly on my hands, and have done some research and found out that it is a form of eczema.  There is no cure, but a prescription from your doctor for a strong dose of cortisone should do the trick in relieving the symptoms.  Hope this helps.
hi,

is the DE contagious? does it spread by skin-to-skin contact?

i suffer from the same problem, had it on and off for a couple of years now, but never really made the connection between the ones i get on my feet to the ones i get on my hands. lol, i just thought the ones on my hands were stress related untill i read this thread (i'm a uni student). Because they are slightly different, but i guess that is because of the different skin density and thickness.
also i only seem to get in on my right foot, never the right. DE shows up so rarely, about twice a year or less, and never really in the same spot, but occasionally when i do get it, it also appears on my left hand, never the right.
not really looking for any indication as to what to buy to make it better, it doesn't bother me too much, what bothered me most was not knowing what it was.
Don't know if this information is of any relevance but maybe you might be more precise with your answers.
I just want to make sure i can't pass this chinese torture to anyone or try not to.
thanks in advance.
I too have had the same thing the past couple of weeks, I have tried all sorts of creams have had hyrdrocortisone, steriod cream, tried E45 itch cream (that made it way worse)

I have found washing your hands in cool water helps calm it down, also Sudocream is amazing at helping the itch.   Its finally starting to clear up..what am I using...... BioOil, no itch its clearing up with no further outbreaks of it.

Hope that helps :)
I recently had try skin on my finger which turned itchy and became broken skin. At first I thought it was beause I had been itching it but I kept it clean and used e45 cream regularily. After about 2 weeks I discovered tiny little rough skin spots which were sometimes itchy, through touches my feet and hands it has spread. I've been told its dermatitis or maybe something else. The spots are not sore just itchy and hardely noticable. Seems similiar to what happened to you..
I've had a similar problem - itchy bumps on my fingers. I have found that it occurs mostly when my hands are most dry - in the winter. At first, I too tried hydrogen peroxide to kill them off. But it only made them worse - hydrogen peroxide dries out skin. Also exposure to water - like taking a shower or washing the dishes - makes this things worse, as water, ironically, dries out skin as well.

CURE: (at least for my problem) (read #3!!!!)

1) Avoid contact with water at the affected area as much as possible (as silly as it sounds, I tied plastic bags around my hand when I showered). If contact with water is unavoidable, keep it short and dry the area promptly by dabbing with a towel - not rubbing, as this will irritate skin even further.

2) Moisturize the affected area (I use unscented Neutrogena hand cream)

3) IMPORTANT: CVS over the counter antibacterial ointment - the kind you put on cuts and scrapes*

*I just apply this as much as possible as often as possible, following moisturizing the area.

Hope this helps, if you still haven't found a cure.
I am currently experiencing this.  For some  reason my only relief was putting my hands in hot water.  I went to see my Dr. and he prescribed Hydrocortisone 1% cream along with antibiotics ( 5 pills per day for 5 days).  The areas where the pumps were are dried out now and it left the surface very hard.  My hands are now peeling like wild fire.  The hard areas are peeling away every day.  I am just thankful that the itching stop.  
the OP posted this pic http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y4/Lilangelwings/stuff/IMG_1880.jpg

this is what the itchy bumps on my hands look like. these bumps are mainly on my right hand but now are moving to my left hand. I have them on my feet near my toes also.

Background: My ex started to get itchy bumps on the lower half of her body around the beginning of december. she itched them and they spread to her back, arms,  etc... i would rub anti itch on places she couldnt reach. we still had sex this whole time also.  when she itched them too hard( ones on legs) they would break and blood spots would show up and more bumps would appear. we broke up about a month after these itchy bumps showed up on her. we broke up about a month after these itchy bumps showed up on her.

About a month or so after we broke up these bumps like hers started to appear on my legs(inner thigh).. then i got a bump on my penis head and shaft. then i got a few on my hands/fingers that were barely noticeable.

*** this is when i went to the doctor ***
he said it could be hsv2... so he prescribed me to valtrex.

I'm not sure what exactly valtrex does but the bumps on my penis did go away but the others didn't... And the whole time i was on it(30 days) the bumps still itched.

I'm off valtrex now( too expensive w/out insurance) and the bumps on my hands have gotten worse and now are going from my right hand to my left. i had an itchy bump on my jawline the other day also(first time this had happened)

These bumps are the worst on my top/inner thighs and right hand/wrist area, left top foot around toe area. Barely any on my front waistline, left hand, right foot, forearms, ankle area, calve area.

Some of them are filled with clear fluid and when intensely itched they bleed a little and more bumps usually appear.

When submerged in hot water my hand where the bumps are start to itch intensely. They use to itch more at night but since it has gotten warmer outside areas(not all at once) itch periodically during the day. Also, one day i took a shower and put on some tighter demin jeans(when it was cooler outside) went to walmart and the itchy feeling on my thighs was unbearable.

I'm thinking of making a follow up appointment with my doctor(family-type doctor) but since i dont have insurance it might be a waste of money instead of just going to a dermatologist.

Any help is appreciated. thanks.

P.S. My mom said eczema runs in our family but im not sure that is what it is since my ex had something similar, if not the same exact thing.

When I started as a CNA I noticed these tiny little blisters on the inside of my ring finger. Never really thought much about them. I thought it was just my ring breaking me out. I took my ring off and it never cleared up. I never had a problem with them for 2 yrs which I wasn't working as a CNA the following years. In 2006 I got another job working in a nursing home again and to my surprise I had a horrible flare up. I went a month or so it was just on my left had covering the whole inside of my ring finger. Then it started creeping on down the inside of my hand and onto my other fingers. It was extremly itchy and painful. Working as a CNA your washing your hand everytime you turn aroung which didn't help. Eventually it started showing up on my right hand. I tried all kinds of different creams nothing worked. I would wake up from a dead sleep scratching my hands. I went to my family doctor and he said it was a form of dermatitis. From all the scratching I had done to it I had a secondary infection. He put me on antibiotics and refered me to my dermatologist. Thank god I went....my dermatologist took one look at it and told me I had a form of eczema that only breaks out on my hands and can also break out on my feet. He gave me a very high potent steroid shot and a high potent steriod cream. It cleared up with in 2 wks. I have flare ups on an occasion but all I have to do is rub a little of my cream on it and it goes away. With in 2 days as long as I catch it in its early stages. I've only had to have one steroid shot. My brother use to tease me about it bad. I didn't want anyone seeing my hands at all. Now my brother has it worse then I ever had it. So it goes to show ya carma does come back and bite ya right in the rear-end but even harder!!! But I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. Hope this helps out.
I get the extremely itchy hands and the small blisters with clear fluid and my hands crack and get so dried out and hot water makes it worse and it started about 3 years ago just out of nowhere i have figured out that when I use hand soap from a restaurant my hands break out so I try to stay away from using it but I messed up and used the soap at wendys last night and now I am paying for it my hands will not calm down nothing seems to help anybody have any suggestions
I've had this issue on my feet for a few weeks now and had it on my hands several years ago. I decided to look at my local pharmacy and have found a cream made my "Spectro" called EczemaCare. it's has eased the dryness and pain quite a bit.
After fighting this condition for years, this is what I can tell you...Went to the doctor, got the same run around...it's not scabies...not exzema (eczema), its an allergy..to soaps,shampoos,dishwashing liquids metals(occurs in soaps), contact with water and soaps makes it worse, rubbing with a towel opens the bumps, causes them to spread, sweating makes them worse. If your soap you launder with is not rinsed out all the way, you are allergic to your towel...or clothes, or all. (Sweating makes it worse)Take a benadryl or two, change your sheets to all cotton, clothes,washed in any perfume free, odor free soap. If you can't stand to do nothing, then soak your areas in a mild vinegar solution in lukewarm water, avoid hot water. Secondary infections occur from scratching, use an antibiotic cream like Bacitracin. Do not use alcohol, hydrogen peroxide or perfumed cream or lotions. Stick with anti comodegenic soaps, no perfumes. Discontinue using anything that makes you itch after use...Winter itch occurs when your dried out skin needs moisture, avoid frequent or hot showers(do lukewarm bath) or rubbing vigorously with  a towel(blot and leave some water on your skin)...you have sensitive skin so keep it properly moistened by applying a good cream(not lotion) (decide what cream you can use and use it after baths)at night, loose cotton gloves will keep you from scratching the bumps in your sleep.
You can beat it if you watch your diet, exclude any known allergen foods...ones that have a high metal count or offender foods that you know bother you. This sounds like alot but we are people who are oversensitive to our environment...plastics and latex bother us as well...we can't beat it but we can make it better...without paying the doc tons of dough to give us a steroid cream that doesn't work...or works for a bit then its back again...
I know I posted last year, but will mention it again.    I tried everything, and I mean everything and the only thing that "cured" it was BioOil.   Seriously it was the best thing I used, moisturised the skin and got rid of the problem.

It def worth a try to be honest  http://www.bio-oil.com/uses.html

Ive suffered from the same symptoms and am still battling with this frustration.Two years ago my dermatologist diagnosis me with Psorasis and prescribed Clobetasol Ointment at night with occlussion.My Primary dr disagrees with the diagnosis and says its something Im allergic to, what we still dont know.So to my follow sufferers I can recommend Clobetasol ointment with occlussion.Apply the ointment at night,wrap your hands with saran wrap and cover with cotton gloves(this is how I started) now I use plastic gloves and the ointment.It's not a cure but it has worked when I experience flare ups.I go from small **** filled blisters in various stages ending with my skin peeling to clear hands after three weeks of treatment.Once my hands are clear I discontinue use of the cream until I have another flare.Which is usually three weeks to a month later.Now I know its not a cure but it's a relief. I hope Ive helped at least one person.
I've had little patches of clear spots that appear seemingly randomly for a long time.  I can see a correlation between  washed clothes and a break out though.
I've had them since I was a kid, itchy little blighters. Also I've had bad ezcema (eczema) since then and believe me the super steroids just do not work.

However.... IMO The way to get rid of them is squeezing them with a pair of needle nose pliers!(the thin ones).
I expect this post will be  moderated for suggesting such a unhygienic solution etc etc (sterlilse them).  
Bear with me becauise each one gives a tremendously satsifying....    "CLIP"   !!
8^)))

(ps. sometimes they really DO away quicker and stay gone if its just few of them)
I have this problem too. Omg my had ahad one bump then the next day I had five then it just keeps spreading now there on my feet. What's wrong with me. U can't squeeze them to POP them u have to get a needle cause there so hard to pop. The one s on my feet itch like crazy. Help me!!
This same thing is happening to me and its awful! i itch the bumbs until i cause my feet to bleed. I worry about infection. I to have been to the doctor many times and each time is something new, this last time i was given steroids but it did nothing but maybe made it worse. Next week I am going to a foot doctor to hopefully put a stop to this!

sorry you are dealing with this, i know its torture!
I have this watery little bumps on my palm for years, it's itchy and annoying. But it come and go. I scrub it really hard to make the bumps go away and it open the skin that's infected, very tiny circle open area. I use a  callous scrubber. Then because it's an open wound, I have to use antibiotic then put some cortizone cream or any cream you think that is good to take away the itch. Yes, stress might trigger it too. It is like invisible but if you really look closely, it is inside the skin of your palm or it might be in sole of your feet and if some of you think it spreads once you pop one or two, it is because it is already there but you never seen it that's the reason i scrub it hard until the circle are expose. I don't believe it's contigious. I am the only one who got it in the family. But as I said it come and go, it might be a month or 6 months from now or years. But I never stop scrubbing my palm to make sure there is nothing under the palm skin that make it start appearing again. Just make it a habit to scrub that infected area and dont forget to apply antibiotic and cream.
OMG i'm going through the EXACT same thing and it's driving me insane.  I've had the odd one of these clear bumps on my fingers in the past, they were slightly painful and really itchy.  Once I itched them long enough they went away and I didn't think anything of them.  I mentioned them to a doctor once and she said it was some kind of virus, like HPV, that lives in your body and flares up every now and again.  Now I've got them and they're all over my hands and starting to appear on my toes.  I'm going out of my mind.  They're worse after waking up and the only relief is scratching the hell out of them with either a bruch or rubbing with a towel to create friction, then putting ice on my hands.  I've been to the doctor and she was none the wiser but gave me a steroid cream to try.  I'm waiting for a referral to a dermatologist but in the meantime this cream is making things worse and I'm going out of my mind!! please help!
To the OP, thank you for posting the picture. I have the exact same thing in between my middle and ring fingers on both hands. The clusters are closer to the webs of my fingers, though, where the skin is driest.  I thought these were remnants of a fungal infection since I had a rash on my hand last March that resembled ringworm (but the test came back negative), and these clusters had also appeared at that time.

Now that it's winter and my skin has been drying up, these clusters have been reappearing. I have been applying hydrocortisone 2.5%, and at one point, they were gone.  I noticed that after I wore latex gloves in an attempt to keep my hands dry while shoveling, the mild sweat actually moisturized my hands and the tiny bumps were gone. I have also kept my hand-washing to a minimum, and make sure to pat my hands dry if I wet them.  

However, I recently took a break from applying the hydrocortisone, but then more popped up.  I considered making a visit to a dermatologist until I found this post. Thanks again for posting the picture.
Thank you so much for the picture -- I had the same thing happen when I was 36 weeks pregnant and no one knew what it was or how to treat it. It took about 3 months for it to go away. It started on my feet, I thought it was athletes foot so I bought some cream and that did nothing. Pretty soon it was full-fleged hell. I would stay awake all hours of the night rubbing my feet with a hairbush, a fine toothed comb, a towel, whatever worked. After a few weeks it spread to my hands. The only thing to provide relief was to sit under ice cold running water until I was numb. They put me on medicine that knocked me out cold for almost 2 weeks but that didnt help the itch, only a tad. They tried putting me on steroids and that did a tiny bit of relief but nothing really worth mentioning. I found that my bumps got worse when I itched - like the more I itched the more bumps appread that look just like the photo that was posted. My feet started shedding and my primary doctor was worried about infection, but they couldn't do anything since  I was pregnant.

Now my son is 15 months old and I am getting that familiar itch back that I first experienced at the 36 weeks of my pregnancy. Like the full-blown hell is on its way... I am so frustrated because I don't know what it is and the doctors I went to at the time didn't know either.

Has anyone gotten a diagnosis from a doctor? And can any one else post pics of their rashes on their hands and feet? If a rash appears on my hands/feet I will for sure post.

One more thing: Does anyone have a nail issue also? After I got this itch problem my fingernails got infected and 4 doctors I have been to don't know what it is or how to treat it.
Hi to all.  I have what would be an advanced case of DE on the soles of my feet.  My case seems to be associated with the weather and stress, two causes considered to be universal among sufferers.  My breakouts ocurr always during late fall/winter.  I live in central Florida where temperature/humidity fluctuate wildly.  I also have hives associated with this condition.  My doc gave me a steroid pack which took care of the hives but the blisters and peeling on my feet persists.  Had it on my palms for a while but that area has since cleared up.  I do find that zinc oxide (Aveeno brand) and Emu oil (100%) provide tremendous relief of itching, drying and cracking of my skin.  The Emu oil is the only emolient that does not cause hives for me.  It absorbs quickly, doesn't smell and not too expensive.  The zinc oxide helps to keep the chaffing down from my shoes.  I apply it and the Emu oil and cover the area with a layer of gauze before putting my shoes on (you can apply liberally as needed).  Some of Rx preparations such as Olux foam/cream just don't work.  I am considering a hisatglobulin shot to get this thing in remission.  I will let you all know how it works or if someone else has had this shot please let me know if it worked for you.  Thanks
Same thing I have had on my foot just two toes for two years have been to several doctors and they just don't know what it is all they know is it is not fungal they think an allergy. The intense itching is so bad sometimes and hot water just makes it worse. I did read in other areas on the internet that it could be a gluten allergy so I cut out gluten for two weeks now and it has almost disappeared altogether. Also, someone had wrote that when they stopped using anti perspirant with aluminum it went away so I have tried that too. I don't know if it is the gluten or aluminum since I stopped both at the ame time but almost all cleared up and barely any itching at all. I am going to see an allergist in a few weeks to test for both and more will let you know.
I have had this condition for over two years now,I am a female and i am 34 years old.I have never had anything like this!! I have been to two dermatologists and one GP i have taken cortisone tablets and tried all the antibiotic and cortisone creams. I am an acrobat and find that i sweat a lot on my palms of my hands and the soles of my feet.(on the outer edge under my feet). I find that nothing helps and that this condition is getting worse and worse. It is continuos and swollen painful itchy and embarrassing.
Do you think diet could help ? What do you mean by allergen foods high in metals?? It is definitely worse in hot humid conditions-my holiday in the Maldives was so difficult with this condition!!
Rachelle - I read your post from january and it was like reading about my situation.  I am 36 weeks pregnant and my feet have been itching like crazy for the past week.  I just started noticing tiny bumps between my toes and i started thinking it was athletes foot because my feet have been swelling from the pregnancy and sweating more than normal.  Last night was the first time i woke up in the middle of the night with my feet itching so bad that i wanted to cut my toes off!!!  It was because of last night that i started researching and i found your post.  I haven't gone to the doctor yet but reading about the severity you experienced is concerning.  My bumps look exactly like the ones that were posted in this thread.  If i find out more i will be sure to post again!
I have suffered with DE for the last few years now.
It used to affect me badly on my feet but it's totally cleared up there now but I get it on two fingers on the left hand and on the edge of my palm and my thumb on the right.
Last year, I was in America and I found due to being at the beach quite often that the sand helped dry it out and not affect it so badly. Now I'm not saying we should all pack up and move down to the beaches but I was wondering if anyone had a similar experience?
I try and ignore the itchiness but sometimes is is just unbearable.
There is a cream I got from the Doctor but I can't for the life of me remember the name.

I read some comments recently and two people developed it from using a macbook pro! Keep away from zinc, refrain from scratching in the shower (easier said than done) and be careful in what kind of soap products you're using.

Apparently, alcohol helps flare it up too which is awkward seeing as I'm a student!

It's nice to see I'm not the only one who suffers with it!

xxx
I had this problem a few years ago and tried something suggested by my grandfather which worked: I washed my hands and feet in turpentine for a few days followed by soapy water a few minutes later and haven't had them come back!!
I have been suffering with this for 14 years now & every year it returns sometimes a little bit sometimes bad but have neva found a cure always just let it play thru when I 1st got it I was told by the doctor it was "hand,foot & mouth" disease which apparently wasn't contageous!! found out reading up on it the spots are not itchy & they are highly contageous!! so think they diagnosed me wrong!!! which now annoys me coz I had a new born baby at the time & was worried about passing it on!! luckily I didnt.
But.....saying that this thing is contageous I caught it from my dad when I was pregnant my son now is starting to show signs of having it even tho I am very careful I neva walk around barefoot anyway but especially when i am having an outbreak of this thing
I looked at ur picture @NoWittyName & it looks like you have exactly what I experience at least twice a year!! It is very itchy & although i've neva tried it the BIOoil sounds like a good idea think I might give that a go myself :O)
To find out now it could possible be a form or eczema gives me hope as to how to deal with it
so Thanks everyone that has posted you have helped me FINALLY after 14 years!! :O)
The first little itchy burn on one finger started three days ago, until reading this I thought I was having a poison ivy outbreak, I'm seriously allergic, from petting my dog after he's been in the woods. Day three both hands are fully involved with singles and clusters of blisters, and I think each foot has a spot I just discovered. How long does this last?
I have these bumps blister like on my hands.  I have that dishydro eczma (eczema) (spelling)  I was precribed the clobatasol gel cream.  I am a hairstylist so my hands are in water on a daily basis many times a day.  Also the chemicals from the products don't help.  I recieved shots from the dr last yr and the yr before I'm thinking about going back to get another since it really worked within a few hours with the irratation.  Its just the thought of going in every yr for shots to help with this condition.  I took some allergy meds it went down some and the itchyness went away a little but its not perfect.  It looks like I will be calling the dermatologist once again :(
Hi, if you want to cure the itchiness try CELTIC SEA SALT, available from health stores. My daughter had terrible eczema over her eye for months. We tried everything the doctor prescribed. Absolutely nothing worked. Then one day when she had been swimming at the beach and i noticed that her eye had calmed right down. I went to the health store to see it they had any sea salt and the lady told me that CELTIC SEA SALT was the best. Her eye, which had been red, swollen and sore and insanely itchy for 3 months cleared up within 3 days. It cures every-bloody-thing from eczema to gingivitis. As a mouth wash use half a teaspoon in some lukewarm water, rince around and spit.  This stuff is jam pack with minerals essential to the body. You can use it every day in place of regular salt and it's good for you. Absolutely brilliant and i am never without it. Get some. It will change your life. I promise you. For itchy hands and feet, soak affected area in luke warm water and a teaspoon of celtic sea salt for 5-10 minutes once or twice a day.  If you've been scratching heaps it may sting a bit but it's actually a very satisfying sting, if there is such a thing and you can feel the itchiness literally disappear. I've just done it and it works. It clears up most local infections within 2 days. Don't use regular salt, it's processed crap. Use Celtic Sea Salt - nothing else. You won't be sorry.

I am a 39 year female that has had extermely itchy, small, clear, blisters that come up on my hands for about 20 years. I have been to Dr. after Dr. only to be told that I have contact dermatisis to something. I have worn gloves when in contact with any chemical and when gardening and I still kept getting the rash. The blisters would finally rupture and then my hands would harded and scale. Does this sound like anything you have? If so, get tested for dermatitis herpetiformis!!!! You need to get tested when you are having a breakout. If it is positive it means you are allegic to Gluten. Saved my life. I am now 1 year break out free.
first, nice to hear that other persons have the same condition.... on top of being embarrassing, annoying and often painful its also very aggresive (aggressive) and spreads so easily.  Every once in a while i get the blisters on my feet- they come up suddenly and are extremely itchy - to the point that you want to claw yourself.  the blisters themselves contain clear liquid and often come up in clusters.   i found that popping the blisters offer much relief; however, please be extremely careful when doing this as the blisters will spread to any other part of your body that comes in contact with the liquid.  i have had the unfortunate pleasure of spreading these bastards to my face-  so painful, itchy and takes many days to go away.  i have found that abreiva speeds up the healing process.  
I have the same exact thing... both me and my boyfriend... We are using non fragrance everything!! we are constantly itching...! mainly on our hands... and we have small blisters everywhere some single and some in small patches.. they are clear. I went to the doctor and they took a sample and said it wasn't mites nor scabies... i have been prescribed many medications and none work
I have the SAME thing on my feet, occasionally it will come about on my hands, but it has not in a very long time.  It has caused the pads of my feet to become extremely hard and calloused.  There are also large hard bumps deep, under the skin.  Sometimes it itches so bad that I have to use something other than my hand to scratch it--it literally drives me mad.  I finally had time to go to the doctor and I was diagnosed with dishydrosis, which is a component to an autoimmune disorder I have called mixed connective tissue disease, however, you do not have to have MCTD to get it.. They gave me a cream called diplurene (spelling?). It helps A LOT!  
Have anyone of you ever rub your hands/feet on any kinds of fabrics?
e.g. Old computer chairs (not leather), clothing, bed sheets etc...  

I have Pompholyx for over 2 years now and it started at my pinky at this point I did not even know I had anything. I always thought that it was just some allergic reaction so I didn't think much of it, my pinky was very serious I managed to leave it alone and it cleared away, but it spread to my ring finger and its in much worse condition I clawed it haha. The reason it got so bad is because I used a bandage (not the best idea)... my ring finger got so bad that the entire side was covered in a hard shell with torn skin around the area.. okay to make the story short..  

I just recently found out that my cousin also had it... only difference is that she had it on her big toe on one of the foot. She went to the dermatologist and they prescribed her with a topical cream, but it was costly so she decide not to purchase it and went home without any idea of how to get rid of it. Without any cream to apply of the affected area she decided to just clean it daily with a salt (small amount) and lukewarm water solution each night, then use a blow dry to dry it quickly.. and within a period of 3 - 4 months it cleared up and healed up.

DO NOT scratch it i know its itchy as hell and it feels like your hands/feet is on fire but if you bare with it eventually it will heal.. if you scratch it I can tell you that it will spread and keep your hand as dry as possible try best to limit yourself from washing your hands. It's hard but if you do it will help the process...

I hope this helps some of you.. Oh I almost forgot I got this problem because i rubbed my fingers on my old computer chair and something got under my skin not sure what but what I have been seeing is that its called "Pompholyx" so dermatologist say
i have a similar situation too. i have an itchy bumps on my both hands. it took a month ago and i am so depress thinking of what kind of fungus is this. i thought that it is kind of allergy, because my uncle said that to me. but i notice that it doesn't disappeared  so i try to see in the internet if what kind of  ill is this. so i figured out that there's so many persons who also suffered like me. most of your comments and suggestions said that the cure for this is cold/wet water, or an ointment. but i want to know first, what kind of ill is this itchy bumps? and what is the best effective medicine for this?

thanks for someone who answer my comments.

Hello

I have gotten these bumps on my hands and now a body rash. I bought a ipad about 2 weeks ago and noticed that you have posted about the macbook pro giving zinc. ?? What happened and why? Did they just stop using it and it go away?

Matt
Hey! I hope you had the problem resolved, but that sounds like a classic case of scabies.
Has anyone tried a clear calamine lotion? Works for me.
i have been diagnosed with dishydriotic eczema, it depends on what you eat when you get a flare up, eat organic apples, steamed organic broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, etc..., (no seasoning on foods, breads, cheese, coffee, tea, tomato, canned or bottled food) use fragrance free detergent and soaps, and most important limit stress in your life.  Let the blisters dry up and peel off on their own, wash hands and feet with cold water and PATT dry with paper towel day and night.  You can slowly intergrate these restricted foods listed above after the blisters go away to see if these items cause it to flare up.
This is not scabies.  Scabies is more like little reddish dots that spread out from one area.  This is like tiny clear bubbles that appear on hands and feet.

Anyway . . . for those who develop this, the clear calamine lotion helped me and also massive doses of probiotics to help regulate the insides and get rid of yeast and acid in the body.  After weeks of trying everything and researching on the internet, I tried these two things at once because it was still getting worse and worse and benadryl, cortizone cream, vinegar soaks, claritin, etc had all failed.  Started the clear calamine and the probiotics at the same time and it all cleared up within 48 hours.  Maybe it was just one or the other, but that's what made it better for me.  I can tell you it was definitely flaring worse and worse and then suddenly did a 180 and started healing so it was something I did and not just coincidence of timing.

Good luck!  Hope you are all feeling better soon.   I know the itchy sleepless nights are terrible especially if you are already stressed about working long hours like I was.

Cosmostressed  
4 minutes
I too share the excruciating painful aggravating itch from these many little tiny blisters of clear fluid on my fingers. I do hair and have kept a few here and there for many many yrs but recently have had a terrible outbreak. Another coworker at the salon has it too. She is using some cream from dr for dry skin that she had from another issue. The bottle she had said: triamc, ureac, menthol, camphor........whatever that is..lol. My mother and I came up with the idea of using desitin cream..works but still too moist to heal all the way. Tonight i'm trying moist at soothing care powder for chaffing and irritation..has zinc oxide like desitin but will keep it dryer since its a powder. Hopefully this will do the tric! Will repost soon to let u know.
let you doc give you prescriptions for ringworm tablets and creams all symptoms will go away : tablet is griseofluvin                                                                                                
                                     cream is ufen  and  zoflut
I suffer with itchy rashes on the palms of my hands, fingers, ankles and toes. I've had this for almost 2 years. It is so miserable as I am a nurse and have to wash my hands many times a day. I've had topical allergy testing and found out I'm allergic to Nickle, Gold, Formaldehyde, Fragrances, bacitracin ointment, Neomycin ointment, Diazoldinyl Urea, Quaternium 15, Carba Mix. I had severe reactions to the skin patches.

I am currently in the process of changing some of the products I use. This will take a while but in the mean time I am so miserable with a flare up right now. I started using cotton gloves when I drive my car at work because I discovered that the steering wheel really irritates my hands. They crack and are very painful.

I use Mupirocin Ointment for cracked areas and then a bandaid which I am probably allergic to also, who knows. I've considered doing some sort of detox to see if that is what my body needs but it's hard to work and do this since I'm on the road all the time. I've tried all kinds of ointments but if they work, it's only in the early stage and just a few days.

Skin reactions can last from 2-8 weeks, even if you don't come into contact with the substance again. If you have many exposures over time, it may take 3-6 months before your skin gets completely better after you start avoiding that substance. I got this information from my dermatologist. I am going to see her Monday and hope I can get a shot to calm this stuff down.

I found that 4 cups of water with 4 TBS of vinegar and soaking my hands help calm down the redness. I am going to find some Emu Oil and see that will help me too as my hands get very dry. I have a prescription cream that stays on your hands for several washings but it's $90 a tube with a discount coupon. Food allergies are a good thing to look at too.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I like the Ph suggestion too. I suspect inflammation in the body may play a role. There's some answer to all this mystery but I am not sure what it is.

I went to the Dermatologist today at the U of M in Ann Arbor, MI.  Started out on my feet as what I thought were a couple bug bites.  Spread to both feet/ankles/lower legs, then wrists and arms with a couple spots on legs and torso.  It itches uncontrollably at night and drives me insane.  Just like a bad mosquito bite would if you kept itching it.  Also, had a biopsy and waiting the results but from what I saw from the pamphlet it's EXACTLY what I have.  I also had some stuff in my mouth (which I thought was from chewing tobacco- which I quit 4 months previously)...but it was ALSO related to my surprise.  What it is ladies and gentlemen?????...are you ready????....Lichen Planus.  Jesus Christ I read all these posts like 3 weeks ago and nobody had an answer!  I was so mad and annoyed (and itchy!!!).  Cause- unknown, treatment- steroid creme that is made at U of M exclusively (they ship to florida so check it out), UV light treatment 3x's per week.  None of these treatments will however 'cure' the issue and it can reappear later in life...these treatments will just ease the symptoms of the itching and spreading of the spots.  It can last up to 3 years and leave horrible scaring that eventually fade in time (as any scar does).  The oral lichen planus can last much longer and be much harder to treat (up to 5 years or more).  I start the steroid cream tonight:  2x per day for like a month or so then just apply on weekends after that.  If anyone has further questions as to what the cream is called from U of M let me know.  Also, this is not contageous, and again causes are unknown (sometimes in older people medication causes it and stopping of certain medications can cure, Hepatitus (hepatitis) C can also cause so be sure to get a blood test).   Sorry ladies and gents- seems as thought this will be a long battle.
Here's a helpful link, the only thing I didn't see for helping cure is an ointment made specially at the Univervisity of Michigan Hospital, Ann Arbor, MI

http://www.aad.org/skin-conditions/dermatology-a-to-z/lichen-planus
I am from the US and I am currently in China trying to get my wife and 1 year old son with home with me. My first travel to China was in Feb, 2010 before my visit to China I have never left the Stated and never had this problem before. Do you travel overseas or stay in an  environment that is not like your normal area for an extended period of time?

I think the  environmental conditions in which you are play a part in this condition. As I have never had this problem prior to coming to China. Also, these bumps only show up in the summer. So it is if you get them only in certain times of the year. It's most likely not scabies.

I have searched and came up with the best possible answer and it seems like Dyshidrotic Ezema as scabies are highly contagious. So I am sure that is not my broblem.

here is the link to the side I found hope it helps and and also I hope you can take comford in knowing that you are not alone in this.
Im a dermatologist

I can tell you with quiet certainty that you have scabies. Visit your doctor immediately to receive 5% Permethrin Cream, and no you cannot get it over the counter…

Ive seen cases like that a thousand time. If you dont visit the doctor Other symptoms may include: general itchiness around, thighs, butt, waist and in some cases even genital area (penis). Other areas to further become infested are the ankles and toes.

cheers... HAHA
Im a dermatologist

Symptoms will increase at night and can be self medicated by drinking alcohol which helps with the itching

Got it right on the nose didt I?
cheers... HAHA
I know exactly what all of you are going through! My two boys cam home from their grandmothers house with little red bumps that some looked like blisters and they itched and hurt him if he even walked on them. My second child had gotten a few on his hands and feet as well I took them both to the Emergency room because I was lost of what they were. Well it is a hand, foot, and mouth virus. There is nothing you can do for it except leave it alone and don't scratch it! It is very contagious to kids mainly most adults don't get it because it is like the chicken pox once you get it and it goes away you cant get it again. I have three boys and only two of mine have got it so I have made them keep their feet covered by socks and not to scratch or mess with the bumps on their hands. This had made it go away it started on a Friday with a low grade fever which is normal the doctor said with one little red bump, and by that Sunday my oldest feet and hand were covered. I took them to the ER on a Monday and they have had to stay out of school until it is gone and today is Wednesday and it is about gone off both of them so tomorrow they actually get to go back to school. It is not SCABIES!!!! just a virus and you have to let it run its course like any other virus so don't worry just leave it alone and take Benadryl for the itching and it will go away it can take up to two weeks though so be patient!!!!
After 7 seven years of having this...whatever it is, I just now decide to look up to see if there has been anyone else who's been having the same problem as me. It could be because I just had another breakout myself and I am amazed at how fast it formed. Although, it's only on my pinky and a couple tiny ones on my middle finger and right foot. It all started on my left foot and it was just one big blister. Of course it hurt and itched so I had to get rid of it. As soon as I did, a whole bunch of them started popping up, causing my skin to dry and crack. I went to a dermatologist and they didn't know what it was. They even took samples and came up with some long name for it, but as far as I was concerned, they had no clue since they didn't explain any further on it. After putting corisone cream and ointment on it for a couple years, I realized that the stuff wasn't working at all. Everytime I got rid of one blister, ten more showed up and after i got rid of the ones there, it would itch and hurt like no other. So finally, i stopped using the cream, i stopped getting rid of the blisters, and i stopped wearing the bandages. Then...it just went away. I guess if you dry them out and don't mess with them, they eventually go away. However, they don't always stay gone. I don't know if it's another form of shingles or a fungus or bacteria or whatever, but all I know is it's been seven years. Has anyone come up with a cure yet? If not then how about any clue as to what it is?
By the way, this started when I was a sophomore in high school. Sure I've been to Disney World and Mexico before then, but it started several years later and I've never left the country after that. I haven't been keeping track of when it comes and goes, but apparently, it does so when it wants to. However, I have had ringworm before. Could this be another form of it? :/ All I know is that I want it to go away. I don't know if it's contagious and I don't want to give this nightmare to anyone else. I'm afraid to get close to people because of it and I'm also afraid that another big blister is going to form and then I'll have to go through all that hell again.
After 2 and ½ years of trying to find a solution, I have found what works for me that resulted in a 90% improvement.  It’s not 100% gone, but the relief is invaluable.  It’s been 7 months since my skin improved.  I’m hoping I can help someone else.  
I posted here about a year ago.  I had the incredibly itchy bumps on my hands.  I had 3 different types – most of them were tiny blister like bumps filled with water, others were tiny raised dry scabby-like bumps, and others were just raised bumps and would thicken and darken my skin.  Some would appear in raised clumps, others would be in strangely straight lines.  They would itch around the clock.  The itching was so bad that it was difficult to even think of anything else.  The itching would make it difficult for me to fall asleep, and when I would fall asleep, I’d wake up in the middle of most nights scratching.  I’d wake up with bloody hands and fingernails.  The bumps kept multiplying and it seemed to be “killing” my tissue.  My fingernails were coming off their beds, the nails had deep grooves or ridges on them, and parts of my fingertips seemed to become almost transparent as the blistery tissue was taking over.  This really scared me, because I thought that if this is happening in my hands, I wonder if it’s happening in other parts of my body that I can’t see.  The whole situation really scared me and made me feel hopeless.  It consumed so much of my life.  
I tried everything – many trips to the dermatologists (plural), lots of topical steroid creams, prescription oral steroids, slippery elm and other natural products intended to heal “leaky gut”, natural remedies for candidiasis, soaking my hands in vinegar, bandaids, antifungal sprays, Neosporin, burning the bumps, etc.  Some of these, I tried for months on end to see if there were any results.  The oral steroids would work while I was on them, then the bumps would come back.  I lost tons of sleep combing the internet looking for solutions.  I’ll list what worked for me.  As a warning, the changes I made were a lot of effort – but the relief is so worth it.  Here they are in the order of significance:  
1) start eating a highly nutritious diet
2) stop eating meat
3) reduce external allergens and taking allergy medicine
4)  topical steroids *
5)  vitamins
1 & 2:  High nutrition and no meat:  By far, this is the change that yielded the most improvement.  I cannot stress this enough.   I had watched documentaries “Forks Over Knives” and “The ****** Miracle”.  These documentaries focus on high nutrition and basically conclude that the body will tend to naturally heal itself - IF it is healthy enough to do so.  We just need to provide the body with sufficient nutrients and minerals to do the job.  The thing is I thought I was perfectly healthy (other than eczema my entire life).  I’m 38 years old, 5’2”, 130 lbs, and very active.  I’m a cyclist who regularly rides centuries (100-mile rides).  But in truth, my diet was not the best.  Based on one of labs performed by my doctor, he realized that I was slightly “acidic”.  My pH balance was off.  I started reading a lot about acidity vs. alkalinity.  We need the correct balance to be healthy.  Acidic environments tend to harbor sickness and disease.  My doctor recommended that I start increasing my vegetable intake significantly.  He recommended “powdered greens” from Whole Foods if I didn’t like eating vegetables.  As a result of all of the documentaries and the acidic findings, I decided to cut out meat and dairy (which is highly acidic) and start eating more fruits and vegetables.  I bought a NutriBullet and started making fruit and vegetable smoothies daily for breakfast.  I bought a juicer and started making a carrot or spinach juice once a day.  I started eating lots of salads.  Surprisingly, after a couple weeks, I started seeing the bumps suddenly subside.  I was skeptical at first, wondering if I was imagining that my hands were improving.  But by week 3, there was no doubt.  The bumps were disappearing.  (“Forks Over Knives” and “the ****** Miracle” can be found on Netflix.  If you don’t have Netflix, “the ****** Miracle” can be viewed online http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/******-miracle/  ).
3 – External allergens and allergy medicine.  My doctor prescribed me allergy medicines.  He knew I had allergies to many environmental things – pollen, animals, etc.  My doctor said that if my system is “inflamed” and busy fighting other problems, then it has less ability to fight other things.  He told me to take the antihistamines during the allergy seasons just to give my body an edge.  The medicines visibly worked because when I would forget to take them, I noticed my hands would get worse.  Also, on a sad note, my beloved little bichon dog that I had for 14 years passed away.  My doctor had told me for years that I was allergic to my dog, but I didn’t believe him because I never had allergic reactions to this type of dog like I would with other dogs.  So I wasn’t convinced.  Also, I had my dog for the first 12 years without any skin issues on my hands.  So I refused to believe I was allergic to him.  My hands developed this problem 12 years after adopting him.  However, I started noticing that when I went away for business trips, my hands would begin improving.  After my sweet dog passed away, I noticed another sudden improvement.  The external allergy and skin theory was making sense.  
* 4 – Topical steroid creams.  Like I mentioned above, I repeatedly tried topical steroids for 2 and ½ years and they yielded absolutely no results.  I mean ABSOLUTELY NONE.  I had prescriptions for triamcinalone, cortisones, and what the dermatologist told me was their strongest – clobetasol.  However, as I mentioned, after I stopped eating meat and starting eating highly nutritious foods, my hands began to improve.  I decided to try the clobetasol again in real problem areas.  My hands visibly responded to the cream.  I think that before my diet change, my body was too sick to heal at all.  After I improved my nutrition, I think my body was able to start healing.  After it was healthy enough to begin the healing process, it was able to respond to the topical steroid creams and further heal with these medicines.
5 – Vitamin C helps the skin.  I take a high dose of Vitamin C every day.  I also take Milk Thistle and Zinc.  I think this helps me with my overall health.  
For incredible itching, what helped me the most was 3) ice cubes to numb it up the itch, 2) Mario Badescu Control cream, and mostly 3) mediation.  The meditation was the only thing that I found that was able to get me to stop scratching overnight.  After starting the meditation, I was able to sleep through the night and wake up without blood under my fingernails.  The meditation was a body-mind disassociation mind exercise.  
Hope this helps someone else.
Hi, I have had this problem for 25 years+...
I can tell you a fix, Use a pin and gently puncture the white clear part and let the fluid out. Stops the itching and goes away straight away, bumps go away by the next day. Don't scratch, Don't get hot. Humidity sets it off, and what ever your allergic to, some foods or additives do it. A fan helps. My Doctor found a name for this and Sorry can't remember but it was ridiculously long from a VERY old book 25 years ago and explained it perfectly, 1 in a hundred people get this!. He said the only way to get rid of it is to get a test to find out what I am allergic to and stop eating that. But that was years ago and did not feel like doing the test to find out what I was allergic to. Funny that a  Pin works well (quick n cheap) and you get sleep. Hope this helps someone, I found out the hard way after a few years of creams-Money and Doctors. If its a really humid and hot night have a cold shower and pop all bumps, you can feel them with your fingers easy. And heat the pin up with a flame of some sort to sterilize.
Btw Don't go to deep, and don't blame me if you get infected, I don't get infections after all this time. Be carful.
I get it too. But only ever on one finger. Always the same finger. The first time it happened the blisters popped, and let me tell you, it was the most painful thing I have ever experienced ever. I went to numerous doctors and specialists and every one of them had a different explanation for it (genetic, viral, bacterial, stress-related, hormonal) that didn't seem to pan out. I was given numerous intravenous drugs for it in the hospital and nothing helped. It eventually healed on its own, but still comes back every 6-7 months or so. I accidentally found a way around the popped blisters and the pain - acetone. I was taking off nail polish and the acetone dried out the blisters before they got big enough to pop, and it went away a lot faster than it had before. Now every time I feel it coming i just do a quick swipe of nail polish remover and it's gone the next day. Although it doesn't really help for the blisters under my fingernail. Those hurt! But because of the placement, they never really evolve into anything problematic.