Itchy Bumps
Hi there. I have developed a number of itchy red bumps on various places on my body. Every once in awhile I develop hard bumpy red skin on my right index finger that is sore to the touch, but usually just goes away after awhile. I thought it might be herpetic whitlow but there have never been any blisters or sores, just small red bumps that disappear after awhile. I think it's associated with dry skin, but I'm not sure. The new bumps kinda feel the same though, it's similar pain when touched. Recently I noticed similar bumps on my heel. I had a big blister on my heel from wearing new work boots and as the blister healed these two red bumps showed up that were both painful and itchy. They only hurt when I touch them. Next there was a red bump on the top of my opposite foot near my big toe. It was very itchy but didn't hurt like the other two. They look the same though, very symmetrical, red, and raised. They look like very perfect bug bites but I am almost certain they are not bug bites. Last night while watching tv my elbow became itchy and I noticed a small bump just like the others. Then my other elbow was itchy and there was a smaller bump not so much like the others but itchy nonetheless. Then right before bed I noticed 3 tiny red itchy bumps on my middle knuckle of my left hand. This morning it looks like there might be 1 more. Also this morning there are two or three of these bumps on my right middle knuckle. This has never happened to me before and I'm very confused. They don't seem like bug bites and they don't seem to be going away.
Just to add: I actually just looked and one of my elbows in the mirror and there are a lot of tiny red bumps all over it... just one not the other. And there are a few tiny bumps on the toes of both of my feet :(
One possibility for your symptoms is pompholyx. Pompholyx is also called dyshidrotic eczema. It is characterized by a sudden onset of many deep-seated pruritic, clear vesicles which itch and then peel off. As a result the skin may also fissure.
The exact cause is not known and excessive sweating can be one of the reasons. But some triggers like allergic reaction to soaps, detergents, foods, latex, nickel etc may trigger the symptoms. Apply some calamine lotion on the affected area and keep the area well moisturized. Use only thin applications of moisturizer ointments as excessive amounts of ointment may restrict breathing of the skin and aggravate the condition.

Topical steroids can be applied but they are available under prescription. Moreover to prevent infection, topical antibiotics may be needed. I suggest you to consult a dermatologist and get it evaluated.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.