Dermatology Expert Forum
Itchy Bumps

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Itchy Bumps
I'm a 51 year old female and for the past 6 years I have been experiencing very small itchy pumps on my upper torso (arms, chest,back shoulers) and in the lower back of my head. They come and they go but always seem to come back in the same places. These little bumps itch intensely and I find myself scratching them until they open up, bleed a little and then form a scab. They began coincidentally when my menopause began. In the beginning it was worse right before my period and when I ovulated. It was almost like clockwork. Now that I no longer get my period I noticed it flares when I'm warm or upset or sometimes in the shower. It NEVER occurs on my legs or feet or hands or face. I'm wondering if it could be due to lack of estrogen or what your opinion is?
Thank you for your time.
Barb
Barb:

I apologize, but your description really doesn't remind me of any skin condition in particular.  It certainly doesn't sound like a hormone-related problem.  Has a dermatologist ever seen these bumps when they are present?  If not, I'd suggest it.  Meanwhile, I'd go to the drugstore and get some Sarna lotion and chlortrimeton 4mg tablets (both over-the-counter.)  Use the lotion as often as you need to for itch, and take one of the tablets at bedtime.  These measures may help the itch to some extent.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
HI. I HAVE AN UNCLE THAT HAS SOME SORT OF RASH IT IS ALL OVER HIS WHOLE BODY,IT IS RED BUMPS AND THEY ARE ITCHY AND SPREADING FAST.HE WENT TO SOME DUMBO DOCTOR THAT DOESN'T KNOW WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT AND HE SAID IT WAS SOMETHING CALLED FOLLICILITIS. ANYONE HAVE SUGGESTIONS??? PLEASE HELP AND E-MAIL ME AT ***@****
mansonella ozardi sp is a parasite that enters the body whith breathing nats or if he was bitten by blackflies but it is only prevelant in tropical regions. this can cause the papular urticaria.
I've experienced the same condition for over 10 years. I've seen many Dermotologists without finding an accurate diagnosis or treatment. This is a real and dibilitating condition. I would be extremely grateful to learn of any successful diagnosis or treatment.
Yes I'm 29 years old and I started getting these red circle bumps that itch and has drainge from them. I got one on my arm,leg,neck,stomach and five on my pubic area. The doctor said Indian fire but they have'nt come out anywheres else. The ones on my arm,neck and stomach has went away,but the others haven't.
They seem to itch more when I sweat or take a bath.I've thried the grease my doctor gave,but still there and its been a month now. What could this be?
FOR THE PAST 2 YEARS I'VE BEEN GET LITTLE RED BUMPS ON MY SKIN,   THAT ITCH EMENCLY. SOME LOOK LIKE BUG BITES, CIRCULAR,    OTHERS LOOK LIKE LONG OVAL SHAPED WELTS. THEY ALLWAYS IN PATCHES ON MY LEGS, CHEST, BACK, ARMS, AND GENITAL AREAS. I LIVE IN ILLINOIS THEIR IS NO TROPICAL BUGS BUT THEIR ARE NATS AND FRUITFLYS. I'D JUST LIKE TO GO TO SLEEP AND NOT HAVE WORRY ABOUT ICHING MY SKIN OFF MY BONES.                                                                                                                             THANK YOU.                                                                                                                                      NEIL ***@****
Has anyone ever experienced this:

Every time I get a scrape, cut, scratch, or burn (any kind of injury that tears the skin) I get very itchy, red bumps that appear to be under the skin WHEN THE CUT OR SCRAPE IS STARTING TO HEAL.  The bumps seems to fester only when the sore is healing.  They are extremely itchy and sort of resemble poison ivy but I know poison ivy is ruled out.

PLEASE HELP!

Thank you.  Liza