Dermatology Expert Forum
Itchy Burning Tingling Skin
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Itchy Burning Tingling Skin

For about a week now I've had a generalized mild-moderate itchy burning tingling sensation all over my body, limbs, torso, front, back, neck, face, etc.  It is fairly persistent but will subside somewhat for an hour or two and then return.  There is no rash but pinkness/mild flushing in some areas, although most areas have no visible signs of anything.  I also noticed dry flaking skin on my facial beard area when using my electric razor, also some whitish flaking on/in my ears.  Today I noticed that also the pads of my finders now have some small dead skin areas, much like you would see if you developed small, shallow blisters from using your hands for raking, hoeing, shoveling, etc. I went to my Dr. a week ago and she prescribed Cimetidine 400mg 2x day and Diphenhydramine 25 mg as needed.  Neither seems to have had any effect.  I have no known allergies but did have some Mussels for the first time about 3 days before my condition started.  I never have had any reactions to seafood in the past.  I have also been on the following meds for some time now with no ill adverse reactions in the past:  Alluprinol 300mg, Lisinopril 40mg, Vytorin 10/20, Hydrochlorothiazide 25 mg and Potassium 20 meq (one tablet each/day).  The only known medical conditions I have are mitral valve prolapse and gout.  My BP and chloresteral are noirmal with the above meds.  I have a blood test about 3 months ago--everything normal-OK and a heart stress test about a month ago, also normal OK.  I would describe the sensation of my skin as a mild sundburn that is healing.  Also, a few years ago I took some Niacin and had a reaction.  The sensation is similar to that also, and at times there is some minor flushing of my face involved.  Other than some mild fatigue that might be caused by the skin discomfort I have no other symptoms. I'm a male, 57 years old.