Itchy Clear Bumps on Hand that Peel

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Itchy Clear Bumps on Hand that Peel

For the past couple of years I've been getting these small, clear bumps on various fingers, sometimes on the top of my hand and under my wrist, that itch like crazy. within a few days to a week the bumps eventually dry out and peel - this especially occurs in the summer time. Can anyone tell me what this is, what's causing it and how it should be treated?
Your symptoms are suggestive of pompholyx. Wash the areas several times with fresh water. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites. You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin. You can take some OTC oral antihistamine medications like Benadryl or Claritin and see if it helps.

For mild-moderate symptoms a weak steroid may be used whilst more severe cases require a higher-potency steroid).But they are available under prescription and should be taken only after consulting a dermatologist. Symptoms  can be exacerbated by dryness of the skin. Use good quality moisturizers to prevent moisture loss from the skin. Moreover to prevent infection, topical antibiotics may be needed. I suggest you to consult a dermatologist and get it evaluated.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thanks so much! I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to respond.
Thanks a lot. I am glad that the information was useful to you.