Dermatology Community
Itchy Crotch / Where Leg Meets Crotch
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Itchy Crotch / Where Leg Meets Crotch

I have had an itchy place on my body for quite some time. I spoke to my Doctor about it but he seemed generally uninterested since it didn't appear to be an STD. (great doctor, huh?)

The area is between where my left leg meets my crotch. Sometimes the itchyness extends up to the left side of my scrotum but generally not often. The skin does not visible have a rash, except when I scratch at it. It generally feels warm and clammy all the time.When I have been wearing clothes it goes from clammy to sweaty and generally gets more itchy. When I rub the skin it will rub away and come off like skin will do in the shower if you've gone too long without a good shower. Again, this is not a visible rash most of the time. It will get red when I scratch at it too much, and it will get white when it dries out (rarely.) It has not spread, neither to other areas or to my sexual partner.

I have been on antibotics for various illnesses, I've tried watching frequently or infrequenty (I frequently wash myself after using the restroom. Perhaps this is involved?) I have also tried to workout less, this started in spring of 08 when I started running at the gym. I have also tried to be unclothed for longer periods of time so the skin has more of a chance to breath. I've tried cornstarch to dry the skin, I've tried lotion to moisturize the skin, I've used hydrocortisone cream to make it stop itching, but nothing works. At last resort, I've purchased some jock itch cream and have been using that. It appears to help for a little while, but doesn't stop it (been using it about a week now.)

I have had warm/clammy areas on my feet before that shed skin in the same way, generally they were not overly itchy though, and this was YEARS ago.

None of the pictures I have seen on any skin condition look like this. I will try a dermatologist if seeing the general doctor and asking about this again doesn't help. But I thought I would try here. Thanks for any help!