Itchy Feet after I shower or take a bath

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

For years now I get itchy feet when I get out of the shower or bath.  I tried putting lotion and oils on my feet, but that just made them even ITCHIER.  I then purchased a razor to scrape of my calluses, and that helped but now I have no more callus to scrape off and the itching is driving me nuts.  My friend told me to spray some white vinegar on them, and it did no good, I was still hopping around the house trying any which way to itch my feet.  I should maybe mention that it is only the bottom of my feet and sometimes in between my toes.  I have also tried athlete foot products….nothing.  PLEASE HELP!!
How long after your shower/bath do your feet remain itchy ?  Do you scrub your feet ?  Do you towel dry your feet ?  Has this happened all of your life or just recently ?  Sorry so many questions, just want to eliminate some possibilities.
They are itchy for about 10 to 20 minutes.  I have tried using a pumas stone during and after a shower, and I do dry them with my towel…still itchy.  It has probably been for 8 years that this happens, I don't remember it happening before then.
I should also add that, the itchiness seems like it depends on the length of my shower (but not all the time),  Even if I am in the shower for 3 or 5 minutes, they start to itch, but it doesn't last that long, and isn't so severe.  Sometimes they will start to itch while I am already showering!  And sometimes non of these rules apply, including in the previous response.  I do take hot showers, but it has happened to me at the beach, and the water is NY is exactly HOT.
Avatar_dr_m_tn
This can be due to contact dermatitis, water urticaria or hives. It does not look like fungal infection because the itching stops after some time. Had it been a fungal infection, the itching would have present throughout the day.

You can take some OTC oral antihistamine medications like Benadryl or Claritin and see if it helps. Wear shoes that fit properly and keep feet as dry as possible. You can change the socks twice. If the symptoms persist then you may need topical and oral steroids for which I suggest you to consult a dermatologist.

I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

I get this. It happens after a long warm shower and then stepping onto a cold floor. It's the change in temperature. Same as how your hands get itchy when you come in from the snow and run them under warm water
Use goldbond body powder for itchy feet after shower. Cleanse shower after each. Shower there are products you can purchase that are mounted in shower to automatically rinse down. Important do not walk around barefoot inside or out. wear clean socks,wearing socks keep your feet warm which will help from catching a. Sinus cold. Three areas on your body must stay warm, and at least two, your feet your top of your head, and your hands. Unfortanately itch reaccurs,but body powder does release itch soon after applying.
I think sometimes from scrubbing shower out with scrub Sponge,that fibers from fiberglass could be coperate. I have considered remodeling tub with ceramic tub.