Itchy Female Perineum!

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Itchy Female Perineum!

For the past two days, I have a had an itchy perineum. The anus isn't itchy, just the perineum.
It doesn't itch all day long; just random 2-minute urges once in the afternoon.
I'm 13 years old; and I have been wondering if maybe this is pinworms? I'm praying to God that this isn't pinworms!
Maybe it's just a rash? Just leave it alone for a while and it will go away? Maybe it was fabric of a certain pair of underwear; I've never had any problems like this before..
As a side note, I don't have any allergies at all. I always thought pinworms were around the anus area, not the perineum! I'm really worried :(
I'm really worried; is there any possible medicine to take from pinworms that isn't over-the-counter; that one could just buy in the store in the Medical aisle?
Please help! :(
Also, it doesn't irritate me when I sit down or do anything else, I just find it is itchy at one random (usually during the afternoon) point of the day..
Pinworms are famous to travel to near areas.However they generally itch at night.May be just a fungus.Consult your doctor.

Causes of itchy perineum include moisture(due to sweating or frequent washing), the abrasion caused by clothing,the pressure of sitting,chemical irritants like laundry soaps, colognes and scented toilet paper,certain food irritants,medicines like some antibiotics and laxatives,infections like STD’s and pinworms and skin problems such as psoriasis, seborrhea and eczema.

Treatment depends on the cause of the problem. It may include self-care measures, changes to your diet, treatment of infections or, rarely, surgery to correct an underlying problem.Try an over-the-counter (OTC) cream or ointment containing hydrocortisone (Cortaid, Preparation H),but it is to be applied sparingly to the affected area. A protective ointment that contains zinc oxide (Desitin, Balmex) also may help. If your symptoms are worse at night, pls take an antihistamine like benadryl to reduce itching until topical treatments take effect.
If the symptoms persist then consultation of a dermatologist will be the best.
I hope that helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries. Kind regards.

When I was showering, I used soap down there and it stung a little; so I'm guessing it's a cut.
Hello:

I have itching in the perineum/labia area.  I'm completely confined to a wheelchair.  I'm sure moisture is an issue, as I don't have the ability to stand and/or get air to that area during the day.

My issue is having made a habit of scrubbing the area when in the shower.  I know I'm over scrubbing, however, it relieves the itch.  Now the skin is a little tough.

I'm not in any pain.  I do use cortisone cream.  Perhaps the preventative cream such as balmex would help.

Any other suggestions for me are greatly appreciated.