Dermatology Community
Itchy Groin, but no rashes
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Itchy Groin, but no rashes

For the last 12-13 years I am suffering from very itchy groin. Whenever I sweat, my groin itch a lot. Apart from having multiple sebaceous cysts, there is no other rashes and the skin color looks absolutely normal. I don't keep pubic hair to keep the area clean. If I use anti fungal powders, the itching decreases. I have visited doctors multiple times, but the medicines- FLuconazole and Miconazole based creams and tablets have not given me any relief. I tried Betnovet-M, but it gives relief for a very short period. Clotrimazole based powders relive the itching but not the clotrimazole based creams. I have tried not using soaps, but it did not help. I was given medicine for probable mite infection but it did not solve the problem, The itch is confined to groins only. To get relief I have been using clotrimazole based powders for a long time.

Health information:  
Height 169 cm.
Weight: 80 KG (I weighed around 58KG when the itching started, being overweight is a recent phenomena).
Eating Habit: Non Veg
Allergic to: Egg, Prawn, Eggplant (I don't eat these products)
I do sweat a lot.
I don't exercise regularly.
Sugar and blood cholesterol are normal.
Liver function normal.
Hb. Count of blood-14.5-15.5%
Platelet counts :   65000-69000  (This has always been very low but I never had any blood clotting issue for that).
I smoke and I drink (the itching predates them by 5-6 years)
Never had any physical relations (genital/anal/oral).