Itchy Half Circle Shaped Rash

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Itchy Half Circle Shaped Rash

i have Itchy Half Moon Shaped Rash.. it only last for 1-2 days then comes back.. they come in pairs.. in my fore arm.. what is this? should i be alarmed?
Quite a strange rash. Could be Urticaria. Should be able to be more precise if you can upload some pictures.

Regards

Dr.Sasi Attili
Consultant Dermatologist
Thanks.. i'll upload a picture when i can. the rash is gone now but im sure it will come back. any suggested treatment?
i looked up urticaria also known as hives. i dont think this is hives. i have a lot of allergies and im used seeing rash in my skin this one alarms me because of it's shape and that they always come in pair.
It looks like hives or urticaria to me. Hives (medically known as urticaria) are red, itchy, raised areas of skin that appear in varying shapes and sizes. They have a tendency to change size rapidly and to move around, disappearing in one place and reappearing in other places, often in a matter of hours.
You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin. You can take some OTC oral antihistamine medications like Benadryl or Claritin and also apply steroid cream on the rash. If still the symptoms do not improve then please get a clinical examination done by a dermatologist.
I hope it helps. Take care and regards
Hi, just read your reply and was amazed. After hours of searching and asking people around and two visits to ER w my little daughter I finally got the right diagnosis (from u). I have to say i really freaked out when i saw it on my daughter and took picters of the rash all day long: it does move around changing shape and size in matter of minutes (that's crazy!). The attending of ER didn't know what that was. Thank you so much for ur post!!!