Itchy Half Circle Shaped Rash

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Itchy Half Circle Shaped Rash

i have Itchy Half Moon Shaped Rash.. it only last for 1-2 days then comes back.. they come in pairs.. in my fore arm.. what is this? should i be alarmed?
Quite a strange rash. Could be Urticaria. Should be able to be more precise if you can upload some pictures.

Regards

Dr.Sasi Attili
Consultant Dermatologist
Thanks.. i'll upload a picture when i can. the rash is gone now but im sure it will come back. any suggested treatment?
i looked up urticaria also known as hives. i dont think this is hives. i have a lot of allergies and im used seeing rash in my skin this one alarms me because of it's shape and that they always come in pair.
It looks like hives or urticaria to me. Hives (medically known as urticaria) are red, itchy, raised areas of skin that appear in varying shapes and sizes. They have a tendency to change size rapidly and to move around, disappearing in one place and reappearing in other places, often in a matter of hours.
You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin. You can take some OTC oral antihistamine medications like Benadryl or Claritin and also apply steroid cream on the rash. If still the symptoms do not improve then please get a clinical examination done by a dermatologist.
I hope it helps. Take care and regards
Hi, just read your reply and was amazed. After hours of searching and asking people around and two visits to ER w my little daughter I finally got the right diagnosis (from u). I have to say i really freaked out when i saw it on my daughter and took picters of the rash all day long: it does move around changing shape and size in matter of minutes (that's crazy!). The attending of ER didn't know what that was. Thank you so much for ur post!!!
I have a horse shoe shaped rash on my left index finger.  It started as a red dot which I woke up with  similar to a mozzie bite.  It was very itchy and within  a couple of days turned into a larger, horse shoe shaped rash of raised bumps. It has remained very local, not moved nor do I have it anywhere else on my body,  it's been there for 2 weeks.  Tried anti histamines, Savlon and even a broad spectrum anti fungal.  No change.

Any ideas anyone?
I do not practice medicine, I am just another person that experienced these exact same symptoms on and off for a few years. My conclusion is the root of the problem came from airborne allergens, in my case mold (black mold) that was in the house. I visited my friend for a month a few years ago and noticed the same symptoms and some others as well. I would get "normal" hives on my legs and arms (looks like clusters of mosquito bites) and "U" shaped rashes that started off as a red circle. They would itch but hurt at times too. I would also get these on the bottom of my feet and when walking, it felt like there was a rock in my shoe. It was painful to say the least. If possible, I would try to get out of the living environment for a month or so to give your body time to flush all the allergens out. It took me about 1-3 months to notice drastic change and finally disappear. OTC anti-histamines sometimes work but not always. I am adamant this is the cause as my next visit to my friends house caused the same allergies.  Hope this helps. Oh, one more thing, I did not get these allergies until a week or so after staying with my friend. It's almost as if it took a while to flood my body until I could not fight it anymore.

Yours truly,
I feel you pain.