Itchy Labia

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Itchy Labia

I have been having an itchy labia for about 6-8 weeks now.  Prior to that it was only about 3-4 days prior to my period.  For about 6-8 weeks the itching is constant.  And I mean 24/7.  NOTHING I do is helping.  No cream (vagisil, summer's eve, benedryl) is helping at all.  Any suggestions or thoughts??????
Sometimes doing nothing is better. The skin is similar to the scrotum. Very sensitive to any lotions, creams and such. I would just use Vaseline after your bath. Maybe change the products you use to all natural with no fragrance. No dryer pads or bleach.
Bleach used to make my ankles burn and blister.
The one thing that will work for the itch is an icepack. Wrap it in a towel and keep it on for ten minutes or so. You probably have mild eczema. The natural bacteria causes your skin to over react.
Avatar_dr_f_tn

Vaginitis is very common  can be caused by a number of infections: including bacteria, protozoans, and yeast. Vaginal yeast infection, which is the most common form of vaginitis, is often referred to as vaginal Candidiasis.

Conditions that may predispose women to developing vaginal yeast infections include diabetes mellitus, pregnancy, oral contraceptives,  douches or perfumed vaginal hygiene sprays. The most common symptom of a vaginal yeast infection is itching in the vaginal or vulvar area. Other symptoms of vaginal yeast infection and vulvitis include: burning, soreness, pain during intercourse and/or urination, and vaginal discharge.

It would be best to see your gynecologist for further evaluation and management. Diagnosis is mainly through obtaining a specimen scraped from the affected area for microscopic analysis or for culture in the laboratory. Treatment may depend on the cause.

Take care and keep us posted.
Could the ladies use aloe vera cream or gel mixed with vaginitis or other anti-itch medications. The purpose to keep the area clean and moist while combating the yeast infection.
Lemon peels are a good, natural exfoliant!