Aa
A
A
Close
Itchy Moles
Dear Community,
  A few months ago I two moles that I have started to become itchy. Since I have dry skin and recently made a change of location 9I moved to Maryland) I wrote it off as being a result of that. When they itch they may become irritated or look like they have a scab on them. I have no medical insurance and make very little money a year so I have no idea what to do. So my question is this. Is it more related to my historic dry skin or melanoma? And what can a person without access to insurance and low income do to get treatment?
Thanks
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
You better get to the derm asap, I had an itchy mole on my arm that appeared to scab over would clear up and then do it again, it was small round and darb brown. I went to the derm and it was a level 0 melanoma and had to be surgery removed, I have a large scar. The derm was mad I waited so long as once it changes to a level 1 it quickly develops more it begins to spread to the lymph nodes, once it moves beyond the lymphnatic system you typycally die within 1 year or less. I now go every 6 months and always have 1 or more moles removed, in the last 7 years I had 4 that were atypical and 3 that were early melanomas, dr told me if I blow it off and let any of these atypical moles develop it will shorten my life quickly.

DO NOT MESS AROUND WITH THIS GET TO THE DR ASAP
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources