Itchy Rash Not SCABIES

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Itchy Rash Not SCABIES

Since March I have been experiencing a itchy rash that is located on my upper thigh (not genitals), the inside of my arms, elbows, knees and sometimes hands. I have been to four different dermatologist. Who had diagnosed me from folliculitis to scabies but the rash will not go away and it itchy intensely and when I say intensely I mean I am not able to think or sleep. The areas come and go on me, sometimes it is only a few small red dots other times the red dots are so many that it creates a large red dot. They are not raised or filled with anything. To my knowledge in the months I have had it I have not given it to anyone else. I was created for scabies four times with the cream, it always comes back and I believe it only goes away because each time the doctor has prescribed they have also given me a 20mg tapered off prescription of prednisone. As soon as I am off the prednisone about three days later I get all my red dots back.
  • Rash (1 replies):
    I came back from my honeymoon on the 13th August. Ever s...[more]
  • red itchy rash (1 replies):
    recently for the past month ive had a rash on top of foo...[more]
  • itchy red bumps (1 replies):
    i have these small itchy red bumps. i get them around th...[more]
  • red itchy bumps (1 replies):
    i have red itchy bumps all over the top of my thighs. ho...[more]
  • arm rash (1 replies):
    what is this rash with raised bumps. rediish and a liitt...[more]
It is unlikely to be scabies because it is a very contagious disease and your close contacts would have contacted it from you by now. It can be due to heat rash or sweat dermatitis or hives. Avoid using any lotions and creams for the meantime. Use a mild cleanser with moisturizing properties like Cetaphil. Also use cotton clothes and change the clothes twice if there is any increased sweating. Try keeping the skin free of sweat as far as possible. If the symptoms still persist then you can apply mild steroid like dermacort. For the itching antihistaminics like Benadryl or Claritin can be taken.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.