Itchy Rash On Lower Back/Buttocks?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Itchy Rash On Lower Back/Buttocks?

3937301?1233370512
Hello, I'm writing in concern of a rash I've had since the beginning of December. It's common for me to get dry skin, but I've never gotten this type of rash before. I thought maybe it would be from my jeans or something but I'm not quite sure if it could be something else.  I've done lotion and stuff but it's hard to try to let it even heal with it itching so much.  It's slightly red with small red specks now (i think might of been caused from previous scratching), it used to be slightly raised but smooth surface but that seems to have disappeared. I've have in the past done dry humping with my partner but this didn't show up to weeks after we'd done anything of that sort so I don't think that cause a mark from the rubbing, I also would of thought if that had done it , it would of gone by now. Any thoughts on what could of done this?
  • Anal Rash (1 replies):
    I have some type of rash on my bottom area. It starts ab...[more]
  • itching skin (1 replies):
    I have a rash kind of like a heat rash in between my anu...[more]
  • skin irritation (1 replies):
    ok i have some kind of like abrasions near my butthole i...[more]
  • Rash on Lower Torso (1 replies):
    Ok, so I get a red rash sort of looking thing whenever I...[more]
  • Rash (1 replies):
    I have a rash that keeps coming back in right at the end...[more]

There could be several causes for the symptoms you are having. You should reconsult with your doctor to rule out the following possible causes -

'Perfumes, chemicals, or dye on toilet paper can cause an allergic reaction.

Moisture from sweat or diarrhea may cause itching. If the anal skin stays wet, the skin begins to break down.

Some foods irritate the anus when they are expelled during a bowel movement. The most common culprits are caffeine, chocolate, beer, nuts, dairy products, and spicy food.

Infections such as pinworms, yeast, and genital warts can cause itching.

Hemorrhoids, which cause painful swelling of blood vessels in the anal area, can cause itching.

Cancer, in rare instances, may be a cause.'

Therte are certain factors which predispose to the risk of developing anal itching as a symptom.

'Factors that put people most at risk for anal itching are as follows:

Diabetes

Recent antibiotic use

Chronic dry skin conditions such as psoriasis and seborrhea

Profuse sweating.'

Do discuss these with your doctor and exclude any possible causes in your case.

Post us if you need any further information and let us know about how you are doing.

Regards.

Well it's not anywhere around my actual "anal"  redness or itchyness that is... it stops basically on the lowest part of my back and just barely starts right at the crack as shown in the picture.. so I'm not sure what could be excluding as it part takes no part to the location of my actual "anal" anal its much farther up... help?
hey erin i been haveing the same symptoms now for a few months. I have this dry skin rash sorta thing but it is on my left cheek on the the crack by my tailbone. Sometimes it is raised up and most times its not. I havnt tryied this yet but go out and buy Anibacteril soap and a fluff (on of them wash scrubys) and scrub that sucker away and see if anything dissapears. Or u can try some Epsom salt and use it in your bath. That might disolve the dryness. Hope it works let me know if it does.
My doctor told me to wipe better and avoid spicy foods.  She also recommended a spray called "Fire in the Hole"  works well. I got it at HEB but you can find it online www.stopmyfire.com