Dermatology Expert Forum
Itchy Rash from Sun Exposure
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Itchy Rash from Sun Exposure

For years, about 16, I would develop an itch while in the sun.  The itch does not take long to begin, once I am out in the sun.

At the beginning, of course, it would take more exposure than it does now.  I try not to go out into the sun, much, but I am an outdoor person and this is very hard.  I have restricted a lot of my activity to the evening, after the sun goes down.

The itch starts out as very tiny blister type bumps, then as I scratch they enlarge, then I scratch more, then they finally end up as sores, and even then they don't stop itching.

The sun will feel very intense on my skin.  If my arms are covered, and I am driving down the road, the feel of the sun through the clothing, is as if I did not have sleeves on at all.  I haven't worn shorts in 16 years, to help not get it on my legs.  However, I can't wear sandals or go bare foot, or my feet also break out.  

I use a sun block of 45, yet I still, break out.  The last time, I ended up outside during sun out time, I sat against a building, in the shade, and still broke out.

I don't usually burn, I tan easily.  But of course, where the sores are on my face and arms, then I end up with spots, that resemble the sore spot.  

If I apply an anti-itch med, It takes a lot, and only last for very short periods.  Using cold compresses, showers, soaks, does help relieve the itch temporarily.  I guess, what I am trying to figure out, am I a good candidate for skin cancer, lupus, etc.  

Thanks!
Deuce