Itchy Rash with red/brown spots

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Itchy Rash with red/brown spots

Every now and then, somewhere on my body(mainly my legs 90% of the time) I will start itching severely.  When I look down to where it is, there are these reddish brown spots that are there as well.  They are not raised and they are not painful.  It usually lasts a day or two and then goes away.  A few days later another rash of the same kind reappears, but not in the same place.  I have no idea what it is and I would be greatful if anyone had any information on what it is, and how to keep it from coming back and the treatment if I do have it to help it go away.  Thank you!
  • Itchy Rash (1 replies):
    I have a rash, I've had it for awhile. It's on my belly ...[more]
  • skin spot (1 replies):
    About a month ago I got a red spot on my brest. It was s...[more]
  • Red, Itchy Rash (3 replies):
    I discoverd a couple of days ago a red rash on my neck. ...[more]
  • helpp (1 replies):
    For about the past 2 months, i have had peeling spots th...[more]
  • red blotches (1 replies):
    i have red blotches in my face and they hurt and sometim...[more]
Without examination,confirmation of a diagnosis is tough but it can be pityriasis rosea,nummular eczema,contact dermatitis or fungal infections.

Wash the areas several times with fresh water. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites. You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin and take some oral antihistaminics like Benadryl or Claritin.For mild-moderate symptoms a weak steroid may be used (e.g. hydrocortisone as dermacort), whilst more severe cases require a higher-potency steroid.Also use good quality moisturizers to prevent loss moisture from the skin.

If still the symptoms do not improve then pls get a clinical examination done by a dermatologist.

I hope that helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts.Kind regards.

Thank you so much for your comment.  I will try and get a picture of it a post it here and hopefully that will help more.
Hi there.  I reposted this same question with a picture.  I know it's a little hard to see, but the dark spots are the spots I was talking about.  You can find it here:

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Dermatology/Itchy-Rash-with-red-brown-spots/show/956547

Thanks again for your help.