Itchy Rashes on Arms and Thighs

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Itchy Rashes on Arms and Thighs

I got these small red itchy rashes all over my outer-inner arms and outer-inner thighs.  They itch more when I take a warm water shower.  During the day, they don't hurt as much but in the evening they are more scratchy!  It's like I break out into hives at night and can't wait to itch.  They are very small and red and I am worried if it's something serious.  I applied baby oil but not much relief.  Please let me know how to stop this!  It's embarrassing and painful to keep scratching my arms and thighs in public!
It can be due to contact dermatitis, heat rash, sweat dermatitis or hives. Avoid using any lotions and creams for the meantime. Use a mild cleanser with moisturizing properties like Cetaphil. Also use cotton clothes and change the clothes twice if there is any increased sweating. Try keeping the skin free of sweat as far as possible. If the symptoms still persist then you can apply mild steroid like dermacort. For the itching antihistaminics like Benadryl or Claritin can be taken.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.