Itchy Rashes on inner thighs and scrotum/penis
Hi, about 6 months ago I developed an itchy rash on my left inner thigh, the rash is dark and looking at it closely it looks like it has lighter colored dots.  After a while the rash came on the other side and under the scrotum, now its on the scrotum and penis a little bit.  The rash is very itchy and it sometimes a little flaky. I believe it is jock itch but what I read about jock itch is the rashes are elevated and small bumps on the edge of the rash.  But my rash is totally flat and no bumps. Please help, I need to get rid of this! I tried lamisil spray for jock itch but it didn't seem to help at all.  Thank you for your time.
It's probably just a chafing irritation rather than fungus.  I suggest you use nothing medicated--just a moisturizing lotion or powder, and see a doctor for definitive diagnosis and treatment.  Whatever it is should require just a quick look and a single prescription.

No worries....

Dr. Rockoff
Re rash in this area, as a WW2 veteran of the Royal Navy many of us suffered from Dhoby rash , Dhoby being the Indian word for washing clothes.On board a battleship in WW2, we could only wash our clothes in sea water, and a special soap was supplied that would lather in sea water, but unfortunately if you did not  
Thoroughly  rinse the soap out 100% and being in the Tropics with lots of persperation ,dhoby rash was the reward,and the removal of this rash ,as dictated by the sick bay attendant was a Kidney bowel Of surgical spirit and a big lump of cotton wool,
with the instructions to go and liberally soak the area with surgical spirits (which Looked like water)which I did and nearly shot through the Deck ceiling,but it got rid of the rash and after that I made sure that the soap in my jocks was well rinsed
out Regards Vic, that was when I was 19 ,Iam now 80
Not sure if this will get answered but...

It's been 3 weeks that I've had an "invisable rash" on my inner thigh. It first started as a tigly feeling on my left butt cheek and then moved to the inner thigh and now it's on my left inner leg. I went to 2 doctors and all they perscibed was topical cream. I've been using all sorts of stuff, Tinactin, Micatin, clotrimaderm, and skin cream. It's a freaking irratating feeling only when the skin is rubber or touched. 3 weeks and it's not gone!!! What is it? My balls get red when I walk for long periods of time or run becasue of the friction. It feels kinda like a sunburn but with out any visable signs of a rash...

please help.
A related discussion, balls was started.
A related discussion, itching on inner thighs was started.
A related discussion, i havve iching in my left thigh it was started.
A related discussion, rashes on scrotum and thigh was started.
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Who are the top-rated Dermatologists in your area?