Itchy Red Band Around Wrist
Well I was wearing some type of wristband (im guessing leather) but I started getting some type of fungus from it on the bottom of my wrist. It was just a small bloch of red bumps. Then I got another bloch on the other side of the bottom of my wrist. I tried a few creams but it only continued to spread. Now the blochs are a little bit more flattened but are red and very itchy and make sort of a fungus wrist band all the way around. I am currently putting Tinactin on it with very little results. I already had eczema on my hands before and I know it's definitely not that. Any ideas? Suggestions?

It could be eczema, sweat dermatitis, allergic reactions or fungal infection.

You need to wash the areas several times with fresh water. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites.

Apply calamine lotion at the site of the lesions and see if it helps. You could take some oral antihistamine medications like cetrizine or loratadine. You need to maintain a good personal hygiene .

Anti-itch drugs, often antihistamine, may reduce the itch during a flare up of eczema, and the reduced scratching in turn reduces damage and irritation to the skin.

For mild-moderate eczema a weak steroid may be used (e.g. hydrocortisone or desonide), whilst more severe cases require a higher-potency steroid (e.g. clobetasol propionate, fluocinonide).

Eczema can be exacerbated by dryness of the skin. Moisturizing is one of the most important self-care treatments for sufferers of eczema. Keeping the affected area moistened can promote skin healing and relief of symptoms.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eczema

Let us know if you need any further information.

It would be advisable to consult a skin specialist for your symptoms and a proper clinical examination.

Let us know if you need any other information and post us on how you are doing.

Regards.