Itchy Red Bumps and a Swollen Face

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Itchy Red Bumps and a Swollen Face

For the past couple of months now, at night time, I have been getting red bumps all over my body. I thought I may have been allergic to my laundry detergent, but I have been using the same one for almost a year now. At first, my bumps only appeared on my arms, but as time went on, the bumps have gone all over, including my face. Most recently, my face started to swell up. Everything only happens at night. By the time morning comes, everything goes back to normal. No itchy red bumps, no swollen face. What is going on with me??!!
From the symptoms hives and allergies need to be ruled out.  Hives (medically known as urticaria) are red, itchy, raised areas of skin that appear in varying shapes and sizes. They have a tendency to change size rapidly and to move around, disappearing in one place and reappearing in other places, often in a matter of hours.

You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin. You can give some OTC oral antihistamine medications like Benadryl or Claritin and also apply steroid cream on the rash. If still the symptoms do not improve then please get a clinical examination done by a dermatologist.
I hope it helps. Take care and regards.