Itchy Red Bumps on Vagina

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Itchy Red Bumps on Vagina

I've noticed theese red bumps appearing on my vagina a lot. They started appearing a couple of months ago, but I havent had sex in a very long time. They come in all sizes. But the wierd thing is, I'm starting to get them on my stomache, and around my breasts. The ones that come onto my upper body are slightly bigger than the ones of my vagina. I've only had 2-3 big ones on my vagina.  They're red,very itchy, and puss-filled, and when I scratch them, I get scabs or they bleed. And puss dosent always come out, sometimes it's a clear liquid or just blood. I tried putting acne cream on them, but it dosent help. And I've always used protected sex, except for maybe 2 times but that was litterally about a year, and months ago. So someone please tell me what's wrong! I'm very scared that I might have an STD. Also, I havent gone to the doctors yet.
These small bumps on the vagina could be either hair follicles or sebaceous cysts. The other possibilities are of viral infection and herpes sores. Herpes is characterized by blister like sores on the genitalia which can be painful. It is better to see a dermatologist because one has to rule out the virally infective bump.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

I was just reading this & I'm 16 years old. I have had the same boyfriend since I was 14 & I have something similar. I have these bumps on my legs & there huge on my legs then I have them on my upper legs by my vagina. & I have them on my vagina. Yesterday it was bad but now there appearing around my butt & legs. & my boyfriend & I have never been with anyone else. I have an ant problem, & my gma says there bites. But I used some soap I never have before & my mom thinks I may be allergic, can someone please help, I don't know what to do & if it can be an STD . I'm a worry wart :/
I have the same problem on my vagina but never anywhere else always in the same area different sizes though with puss or blood come out when they get big they bust on there own it is disgusting I am scared I have an STD also
I went to the ER cause I had an emotional breakdown thinking it was herpes. I went all worried & they told me it was folliculitis, wich is an inflamation (inflammation) of a hair follicle. But if it is what I have or you think you do need to go to a doctor because its veru contagious,  
I went to the ER cause I had an emotional breakdown thinking it was herpes. I went all worried & they told me it was folliculitis, wich is an inflamation (inflammation) of a hair follicle. But if it is what I have or you think you do need to go to a doctor because its very contagious, but I do promise you going to the doctor will ease your nerves
I have the same thing on my vagina, red bumps all sizes, never on the inside but they seem to appear anywhere else, only on my vagina. They itch horribly and seem to spread. I've only been with my boyfriend and he's clean. I can't go to the doctor because my parents can't find out we've had sex. I'm very scared, please help me so I don't freak myself and my boyfriend out. It's never happened until like a month ago and we've been having sex for four months, please help:(