Itchy Red Spots at the back of my head
HI

I have itchy skin growing at the back of my head it itchy that I cannot control and manage
normally I see people treting it and having operation for it so is it wise for me to have it cut during operation?

Regards
From the description of the symptoms,it looks like tinea capitis or ringworm scalp.It is a very common fungal infection considered to be a form of superficial mycosis or dermatophytosis.

The typical signs of scalp ringworm infection are reddening, crusting, and scaling of the scalp. Intense itching usually occurs as well. The specific pattern depends on the infecting organisms.Diagnosed by wood lamp examination,microscopic examination of the skin scrapings and culture of the scalp scrapings.

Treatment includes washing ths scalp with shampoo with selenium sulfide (2.5%) or zinc pyrithione (1-2%) used 2-3 times weekly at home. Oral steroids can also be added for severe inflammatory types of scalp ringworm.If the symptoms persist then oral antifungals may be needed.Pls consult a dermatologist in that case.

I hope that helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts.Kind regards.