Itchy Scalp & Inside Ears
I have had a very itchy scalp for about 6 - 8 months now.  My dermatologist didn't really seem like she cared when I asked her to check it on my full body scan.  It is getting worse and now I have bumps and hair loss.  Before the bumps form the spot is very sore.  I have tried all the shampoos and T-Gel seems to help the most but only lasts a few hours anymore.  I also have recurring itchiness in my ears, especially the left one.  I have been given a topical steroid that seems to help for a little while but if I don't use it 2 or 3 times every day then it starts to itch again.  I have an appointment with the dermatologist in 3 weeks but I am going crazy now!  It's embarrassing when your out in the public.  I know I don't have lice, we have checked that very well.  Any help would be much appreciated.  Thank you.
You’ve got the complaint of itchy scalp, you may be suffering from Tinea Capitis or Ringworm (fungal infection) of the scalp. Ringworm is a fungal skin infection that occurs on the face, body or scalp. The symptoms of Ringworm or Tinea Capitis include a dry itchy scalp, scaling, crusting, inflamed nodules, hair loss and tender enlarged lymph nodes on the neck.

The other possibility is of eczema skin or contact dermatitis. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.