Itchy Skin Bumps in Private Area

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Itchy Skin Bumps in Private Area

I am an 18 year old female who is not in any way or ever been sexually active with anyone.
I started to notice that my pubic/vaginal area became very itchy.  I cleaned myself hoping that would fix the problem but it didn't and as time went by it just got itchier.  As I started feeling and touching I notice 1-2 soft bump spots on either side on of my vaginal hole.  I do shave and have had ingrown hairs before but it has never felt like this.  My vaginal area has become very itchy to the point it hurts and a little swollen. I don't know what to do and am terrified of what it may be or telling my parents.
From the symptoms it can be folliculitis and contact dermatitis. Apply some calamine lotion and take some antihistaminic like Benadryl. Also apply a mild steroid cream on the rash. If the symptoms persist then please get an evaluation done from a dermatologist. If there are small bites like bumps then scabies should be ruled out.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.