Dermatology Community
Itchy Skin Bumps in Private Area
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Itchy Skin Bumps in Private Area

I am an 18 year old female who is not in any way or ever been sexually active with anyone.
I started to notice that my pubic/vaginal area became very itchy.  I cleaned myself hoping that would fix the problem but it didn't and as time went by it just got itchier.  As I started feeling and touching I notice 1-2 soft bump spots on either side on of my vaginal hole.  I do shave and have had ingrown hairs before but it has never felt like this.  My vaginal area has become very itchy to the point it hurts and a little swollen. I don't know what to do and am terrified of what it may be or telling my parents.
Related Discussions
  • help (2 replies):
    Okay, I have bumps on my vaginal area but its not like r...[more]
  • Red Itchy Bumps (1 replies):
    Hi, I am 19 years old and about 5 weeks ago i started no...[more]
  • HELP@ red itchy bumps.. (1 replies):
    I have red itchy small bumps that look like bites but ar...[more]
  • Vaginitis (2 replies):
    Can I have vaginitis without having a vaginal discharge?...[more]
  • Skin (1 replies):
    I have developed bumps on my hands that is itching what ...[more]
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
From the symptoms it can be folliculitis and contact dermatitis. Apply some calamine lotion and take some antihistaminic like Benadryl. Also apply a mild steroid cream on the rash. If the symptoms persist then please get an evaluation done from a dermatologist. If there are small bites like bumps then scabies should be ruled out.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...