Itchy Spot On leg
For about 6 months now I have had an itchy spot on my inner left leg just below the knee. When it first started I had 5 bumps all equal in size (pin point size). The bumps were there for a couple days then disappeared. the area has been itchy since, kind of like a mosquito bite. I feel a since or relief when I scratch it then it hurts after a few moments just as if it were actually a mosquito bite. I have no redness, no bumps, no skin discoloration of any sort. The itchy part only covers about a golf ball size area. What could this be?
One of the important possibilities that is coming to my mind is of dermatitis herpetiformis. Typical symptoms include burning, stinging, and intense itching and rash consists of small vesicles on the extensor aspects. It is an autoimmune blistering disorder associated with a gluten-sensitive enteropathy. Investigation which needs to be done is biopsy skin which is the only investigation to diagnose this condition.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

i had stated that for 6 months i have had no bumps no rash no redness no visible sign of anything that could be causing this itchiness. its only in one very small spot. when i did have bumps they were there for a couple days and they were like warts but very small.